• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Boot Retaining Rings to fit Mac & Sigma EDC lights

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Titanium Boot Retaining Rings to fit Mac & Sigma EDC lights and Hanko Trident

checking on interest for these that would actually fit the Mac Ti lights since this first run did not....

D2000

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Sometimes I'm a little dense so need it clarified. I have a Mac Tri EDC in Al. This ring wont fit?
If it will I'm down for one. In whatever finish :)

Dave

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Sometimes I'm a little dense so need it clarified. I have a Mac Tri EDC in Al. This ring wont fit?
If it will I'm down for one. In whatever finish :)

Dave

As I understood it, the concerns you mentioned only apply to the Titanium and Damascus Mac's. The ring should fit into the Aluminum and other metals.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Titanium Boot Retaining Rings to fit Mac & Sigma EDC lights and Hanko Trident

I think I did find one aluminum that wouldn't fit, and the alumibronze wouldn't take either. I have a new small batch on order that will match the size of the McClicky so will work in everything. I only have 3 left of the first batch.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hv a Twisted Trident in Al-bronze that won't fit. I have 2 rings & both didn't fit in

D2000

Enlightened

I think I did find one aluminum that wouldn't fit, and the alumibronze wouldn't take either. I have a new small batch on order that will match the size of the McClicky so will work in everything. I only have 3 left of the first batch.
As I understand the first batch wont be exact?

Sign me up for one of the next batch.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right, the first batch were made to standard thread specs. So if your light's maker used a tap to do the threading (Sigma) should fit fine. The ones cut with standard lathe tooling (cnc or manual) are suspect due to material properties when being cut. The undersized McClicky estimate still fit, and the stock rings were cut to match the McClicky threads. Batch 2 will match the McClicky threads, and will be a limited number. Have only ordered 25.

Exeter354

Enlightened

Right, the first batch were made to standard thread specs. So if your light's maker used a tap to do the threading (Sigma) should fit fine. The ones cut with standard lathe tooling (cnc or manual) are suspect due to material properties when being cut. The undersized McClicky estimate still fit, and the stock rings were cut to match the McClicky threads. Batch 2 will match the McClicky threads, and will be a limited number. Have only ordered 25.

Awesome! Cannot wait for these!!!

D2000

Enlightened

Absolutely - definitely grabbing one.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boot Rings run 2 almost ready! I test fit one today in a Ti Mac..... Good to Go!

I went through the thread, and created the interest list that's in the first post.

Please review, and let me know if still interested or not, or if you want one of the remaining slots for this run....

I will open this up with the paupal info when they are ready to go....

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Titanium Boot Retaining Rings to fit Mac & Sigma EDC lights and Hanko Tri

Okay, all slots filled, awaiting confirmations to see if any open up....

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Titanium Boot Retaining Rings to fit Mac & Sigma EDC lights and Hanko Tri

rings are in! put them in my 3 Mac Ti tails and they work great!

I've updated the availability list, and put the paypal address back in..