Titanium Innovations CR123A 1600mAh 3V any good?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I seem to remember this battery was horrible and not worth buying. This was years ago and maybe that has changed. Anybody have experience with these lately?

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to remember this battery was horrible and not worth buying. This was years ago and maybe that has changed. Anybody have experience with these lately?
They seem to have great reviews per battery junction website. I've always bought and used Surefire 12 packs for around $20-22 bucks. I may get a couple of these to try out

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't screw around with any Made in China CR123 lithium primaries.
All of mine are Made in the USA. Streamlight labeled ones are the least expensive. Heck, they're all made in the same factory by Panasonic.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same factory doesn't mean same specs. If they're made in the same factory it would be hard to know, once something gets said on the internet and repeated a bit, it tends to become gospel. And if something changes, the internet doesn't catch up to reality for years.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Wondering if those were fakes.
Not at all, they were bought from a VERY reputable dealer in Europe.

They have "EU" printed on them, I guess they're made in Indonesia for the European market.

F6DD18F9-F20E-433B-A2E9-9E0033E11ACE.jpeg

C7A19FBE-DB37-49A6-A49C-9210DD95B6CF.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks for the pics.
Looks like Panasonic had no issues sub-contracting out the batts. for the EU market.

Mr. LED

Enlightened

E7B3ACFE-B947-4923-87E9-22E478E25AA8.jpeg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tested every single Made in the USA brand over the last 15 years or so. Literally no difference in real world use. It's not just internet rumor. They're all made by Panasonic. Which is a good thing. Zero Q.C. issues.

And they have had different capacities per brand, as per all the tests we've seen over the years. If they're all the same cell simply because they may or may not be made in the same factory, then why did we always see different capabilities between Panasonic, Energizer, Surefire, Streamlight, Duracell? Working in a factory, or being involved in sourcing components for a certain brand is just the tip of the iceberg. It's not just about "made in the same factory." That's a sales pitch, nothing more. Next it will be "made in the same country". Oh that's right, we've already been there in this thread.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics.
Looks like Panasonic had no issues sub-contracting out the batts. for the EU market.

Everyone sub-contracts things out when they can get away with it.

And it's the same as sourcing parts with the bean counters and sourcing people working in a factory. One day you have one brass threaded screws from XYZ distributor, then the entire next week you have a nickle threaded screw from ACME Company, then the next two days you have stainless steel ones from Globo Industries.. ect.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Like I said, did my own testing. Saw zero real-world differences over 15 years. I buy Streamlight branded cells because they're usually the cheapest out of all of them. If there is a difference, it sure as heck doesn't effect real-world use. You can believe it's a sales pitch if you want to. Like I said, "Made in the USA" Panasonics. Obviously a clear difference when Panasonic outsources for one part of the world and they don't try to muddy the waters, but are honest with the Made in China variations. I don't see the issue.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are like cents above Surefire when I buy them retail. Also this year I've found different generations for sale....

Attachments

• 396E8A5E-FD23-4D94-A0BC-5480C0539E8E.jpeg
    396E8A5E-FD23-4D94-A0BC-5480C0539E8E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

Monocrom

Flashaholic
They are like cents above Surefire when I buy them retail. Also this year I've found different generations for sale....
That's very odd. Must be a localized thing where you are.
In my neck of the woods, SureFire branded CR123s are considerably more expensive than the very few retail Brick & Mortar stores I've encountered that sell Streamlight branded ones.