• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium Lanyard Beads

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, three vials

tibeadwithtritium.jpg

I would be honored if Don made a run of these... not mentionning I'd be simply GLAD TO SNAG SOME :naughty:
Some kurling on the OD would complete the design nicely though.

cw_mi

Enlightened
I've added some lanyard beads from a couple of USN makers, Pete Gray and A&M Draper to some of my lights. Just wanted to share them.
Sorry no Gizmos in the pics.. I don't have lanyards on mine at the moment.

First up are a few Delghi Iris lights.
Here is one in Damascus with a Damascus bead by A&M Draper :
DSC03202.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

An Orange Aluminum Iris with another Damascus bead by A&M Draper:
DSC03210.jpg

A Nickel plated Aluminum Iris with a Ti bead by Pete Gray:
DSC03216.jpg

A beadblasted rainbow anodized Ti Iris with a bead that Pete Gray just went over the top on. It is a mini version of the light itself, and he got the anodizing perfect:
DSC03214.jpg

DSC03195.jpg

DSC03197.jpg

A Bronze/Ti custom XM-L from Saltytri with a bead by Pete Gray :
DSC03219.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
:bow:

My humble bead collection bows to your mighty collection of fantastic little doodads, cw mi. :wow: I just received a steel version of the ribbed lanslide I posted above from Atwood. A lovely little bead, very heavy and solid. I haven't decided yet what to put it on though.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Gentlemen:

We are in the "Golden Age of Lanyard Beads!"

Man, if my parents were alive and heard I was buying beads - they would think of "Hippie Beads." Like from the 60's. However, my Grandmother would think of prayer beads.

I have an ungodly amount of money just in these beads!

JMP

Enlightened
A few more and some updated pics.
PC294596.jpg

PC294585.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Great stuff Guys! :rock:

I do have to say though, if you are going to post these in Don's forum, you could stick 'em on some of his lights, or at least put some Gizmos in the picture. :sssh:

cw_mi

Enlightened
Great stuff Guys! :rock:

I do have to say though, if you are going to post these in Don's forum, you could stick 'em on some of his lights, or at least put some Gizmos in the picture. :sssh:

I do understand this BUT his pocket clips work so well I don't use lanyards on my Gizmo's ! I will make sure the next time I post a picture that it will have at least one of his lights in it.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I've added some lanyard beads from a couple of USN makers, Pete Gray and A&M Draper to some of my lights. Just wanted to share them....

A beadblasted rainbow anodized Ti Iris with a bead that Pete Gray just went over the top on. It is a mini version of the light itself, and he got the anodizing perfect....

It looks like the lanyard bead actually has its own bezel to match the light (!) That is truly too cool :)

nbp

Flashaholic
I do understand this BUT his pocket clips work so well I don't use lanyards on my Gizmo's ! I will make sure the next time I post a picture that it will have at least one of his lights in it.

I hear you on the clip man, they are the best out there. I mostly just put the beads on for decoration, not as functional lanyards anyways.

I think the beads will scratch this beauties :huh:

:welcome:

My McGizmos are all users, so beads are the least of their concerns. :devil:

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
I've purchased quite a few tools from Peter but not a bead. That is sure to change now. Lol

recoverydoc

Newly Enlightened
What about scratching any of the various finishes? Any one have any thoughts on that?

Pete Gray

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!
Well I finally took the plunge into CPF! thanks for all the kind words about my Ti beads! I am honored!
I have to say, the Gizmos are awesome lights! I have ano'd a couple and they are now on my "grail" watch!
Thanks again!
Pete