• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium McClickie Pak (1x123) wave **Over for Now**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

Some of you know I recently had some new boots made for the McClickie switch when it is used in a "rear loaded" configuration as in the Aleph McMule sets which have been offered up. I had these boots made because I plan to use the McClickie in this configuration of power pak moving forward with some new lights. I have one such light in the works now but it is clear to me that this light is still a good ways off. However, I already received the titanium paks for this light and these paks have applications beyond the light I have planned. I can offer these paks up as an accessory to be used with heads you already have and I can replenish these paks with another run from the machine shop without holding up the light in the works.

As you know, I personally prefer titanium in a flashlight and I also rely on a good belt clip for carry. I have any number of Aleph and SureFire E series heads which I still like to use and I think it's cool to host them on what I consider a timeless and virtually indestructible pak. I figure some of you may have similar desires and preference and for that reason, I am offering some of these paks now.

AlephMcClickie.jpg

This pak is essentially a titanium version of the pak used in the Aleph McMule set with a revised tail form. Once I got the new silicone boots and had a chance to try them out, I realized I didn't need to leave as much access to the switch as I had felt was required in the first design of the pak. Instead of a relieved counter bore in the tail, a chamfer which left more meat for the clip screws was settled upon. I say settled upon because the machine shop had input in this decision and it was their suggestion over a more complicated, asymmetric design, I was proposing.

Now for some of you, the hybrid appearance of Ti in the rear and Al in the front may be less than appealing. To each his own. I personally prefer all Ti. However, from a functional point of reference, one could argue that the Al head is better suited for thermal reasons and justified in a design where function is the only or primary consideration. Above, a SF E1B head is hosted on a Ti McClickie Pak and I think the E1B head is a really cool, two speed component. I think it would even be cooler (not literally) if it were available in Ti but that's simply not going to happen. I have tried the E1B head on the Ti McClickie Pak as well as back on its original pak and I prefer the Ti McClickie Pak as host for a number of reasons.

I have called the pak timeless because for the most part, it is the front end which has evolved and keeps getting better as new LED's and drivers become available.

AlephMcClickie-Heads.jpg

With a Ti bezel and Ti pak, the hybrid light can hold its own on many counts, IMHO. An example below with an Aleph 19 being hosted:

A-19-McClickie.jpg

The wave offering:

I am offering these Ti McClickie Paks for $170 plus shipping cost. Shipping will be via priority mail or international priority mail unless you request otherwise. For domestic priority mail, you can request insurance if you like and instead of the included delivery confirmation, you can request signature confirmation for an added $1.75 but you will need to be there to sign. I don't offer insurance on international shipping for a number of reasons.

For general information on how the orders are processed and such, please review This Thread.

If you want one or more of these, please send me an e-mail with
Ti McC Pak

in the subject line as well as the quantity if more than one.

In the body of the e-mail request, please include:
CPF name
Real Name and mailing address & phone #

Any alternate shipping requests or request for insurance

I will respond with a confirmation of order received or a postage notification e-mail or both depending on how quickly I get to the requests and can process them. In the subject line of the postage notification I will include the total and please feel free to submit this amount via PayPal or other means at your earliest convenience.

These will be available on a first order received, first processed basis. I have the option of either setting this wave to 45 paks or 95 paks and that will depend on the interest shown as well as the time frame the interest is expressed. At some point I will need to decide the size of the wave and then place an order with the shop to replenish what I need of these paks for the light that is still in the works.

Thanks guys! :)

EDIT: as of 4-16-08, these are all gone now but there are some more on order and a new wave will be launched down the road.

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Titanium McClickie Pak (1x123) wave

Order sent. My first McGizmo Ti :)

Last edited:

dirkp

Enlightened

i want one pack too.
mail sent

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Im having a hard time justifying not getting one of this..:drool:

GLOCK18

Enlightened

So if I buy the Titanium McClickie Pak (1x123) wave all I would need is a head from say my e2e and batteries. I ask because I'm not sure what comes with a Titanium McClickie Pak (1x123) wave.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

So if I buy the Titanium McClickie Pak (1x123) wave all I would need is a head from say my e2e and batteries. I ask because I'm not sure what comes with a Titanium McClickie Pak (1x123) wave.

Correct. The wave only includes the Ti pak (Body and switch). It's up to you to provide and use any Surefire e-series, TNC e-series, or Aleph head

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Email sent!
Thanks
Have a Great Day!:devil:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Well your example is not a good one as the E2e is a two cell light and this pak is only a single cell pak. You can use any E series compatible head which is designed for use with a single cell pak.