• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium Mule Wave

jalal20

Enlightened
Mule, Haiku,Sundrop and Makai heads are all compatible with E series bodies

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Don,
This light is 3volt? RCR 123's are out of the question? Thanks for your time.

RCR123's are fine with the current converters I am building with. The converters themselves do not have any low voltage protection so you need to look to the battery(s) for this but other than that, no problem.

De-Lux

Enlightened
Don,
Thanks for the quick reply. One last question, What is the UI for this light? Multi-mode? L/M/H a possibility? Moon light mode? Thanks again.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
All of Don's currently-available lights are L/M/H, except the Sapphire, which is single-mode.

Someone mentioned the 2xAA tube can only be used with a 3V light engine. It can also be used with a 6V light engine, if you use 14500 batteries instead of AA batteries.

De-Lux

Enlightened
Sorry. One last question for anyone kind enough to respond. What is the lumen output in low, medium, and high mode? I would love a low level in the sub lumen range. Thanks again

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry. One last question for anyone kind enough to respond. What is the lumen output in low, medium, and high mode? I would love a low level in the sub lumen range. Thanks again
The low on Haiku and Mule is somewhere in the ballpark of 5 lumens plus or minus, based on my unprofessional eyeball judging.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
My Mule just arrived in the desert! This is a fantastic light!

Thought I would revive this thread by letting you that as a photographer with a studio that pretty much works on location, I have a ton of clamps, grip arms, goosenecks, booms and stands with 1/4-20 threads.

Look at the Manfrotto Nano Clamp system -- wonderful but expensive...even for guys that spend what we do on flashlights. I have one on a C Stand in my den and can clamp any light to it. It is a mini hydraulic arm.

The standard issue super clamp system can put cameras, strobes, and even flashlights, anywhere in seconds. NASA used the super clamp on the space shuttle. If you want to upgrade to the Avenger line they have nice polished clamps.

I use Matthews, Avenger, Really Right Stuff, Arca Swiss and others for photography, however, I can use all this gear to hang flashlights. Most of our house is lit with photographic lighting - umbrellas and soft boxes on C-Stands.

A small C stand, grip arm and 1/4-20 stud can put your light in any position you like very fast. Note: if you use a C stand sandbag the small leg.

Thanks, don for the cool lights.

Best,

NR

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool stuff RedLed. I have done some similar stuff using Noga dial indicator arms but the Manfroto is already set up with the right kind of terminals.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Thanks, Don. If anyone has any questions feel free to E-mail me since by default, I have to keep up with the latest gear.

One thing is if you have an old camera store (Rare these days) where you live, the 1/4-20 size on camera equipment must go back several decades, maybe to the 30's, so there are a lot of clamps you can find for next to nothing. Also the next size up is 3/8 and there are all kinds of 1/4 to 3/8 - 3/8 to 1/4 adapters. I have found some wonderful old clamps in old camera stores for a dollar of two.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a link to a thread explaining all the products (and specs) that Don makes? The threads I'm finding are very old and probably have outdated info about lumens and stuff

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the current best seller would be the Haiku. It is only available in XM-L cool white and High CRI with Nichia 119 emitter. If I am not wrong, I think Don is discontinuing the Makai but you may have to check with him.