Titanium Spork

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sporks are certainly cool and they can be pretty handy in the right situation but, I dunno, the word SPORK always makes me think of a certain Star Trek character, or perhaps his cousin.

I've always preferred the designation FOON.......otherwise known as a RUNCIBLE SPOON. Of course, there's always the SPLAYD to consider. Then again, one might ponder the purchase of a SPIFE, (if you're not in need of a fork) or perhaps a SPORF, although I've yet to see one of those in titanium. Finally, if you think you may not be in need of spoon functionality you might consider a KNORK, also known as a KNOON.

Last edited:

red_hackle

Enlightened
I have a Snow Peak titanium spork

+1 I always take one along whenever I travel...

My sporks:

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

The travel kit:

IMG_0963.jpg

Last edited:

wykeite

Newly Enlightened
I imagine so... although I've never tried it. Just as easy to hand wash them.

Totally dishwasher safe. The oxide layer that gives the colour is very thin so don't use Scotchbrite or any abrasive to clean them, if you do it's down to bare metal and colour lost.

bltkmt

Enlightened
+1 - I use a Snow Peak one at work every day and it goes into dishwasher every night...no issues.

Slazmo

Enlightened
I've got 3 in the sea-to-summit titanium brand.

One's a folder with a double wire handle and a locking lug, the other is a super long handle and another is shorter - for those close encounters.

One lives in my Pelican / Kinchrome ripoff box, with my GPS, USB computer backup and K3 & its multitude of batteries and other crap eg Leatherman & bit kits and drivers, Byrd Knife, compass and others for a SHTF situation and the other two are on my BOB bag, which hang from a micro Ti biner - and yes it sounds something crazy as they clang together something chronic when the bag's on my back...

I guess you cant have too many Ti sporks, it's just another collecting sickness lol.

tacticalj

Newly Enlightened
I keep an Atwood Sporkula in my wallet! I figure if I need it that badly, I'm not gonna care where it's been really.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Much rather have a titanium spoon. If I put a Ti spork in my BOB, I'd always be worried it would poke holes in the fabric.

CaptainCold

Newly Enlightened
I've been meaning to get the TT-Spork, it could prove useful whenever the Chicken n' Rice employees forget my utensils.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Not only a titanium spork, but also a titanium canteen/mess kit from Heavycoverinc.com (issues with web site), and a trowel from Thetentlab.com. Every ounce that you can count...counts. Coming from an old BoyScout and Army Veteran that loves to hike/camp.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not only a titanium spork, but also a titanium canteen/mess kit from Heavycoverinc.com (issues with web site), and a trowel from Thetentlab.com. Every ounce that you can count...counts. Coming from an old BoyScout and Army Veteran that loves to hike/camp.

I'd honestly hold off on the trowel. Just due to the nature of titanium. Being less dense than S.S., trying to dig up or pry out heavier dirt and rocks could damage a Ti trowel.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got two of the sporks shown here:

http://www.americankami.com/swag.html

One of the better eating utensils I've had.
I use one of their larger sporks as well. Pretty good, just not for EDC carry. I had the two different iterations of the TAD Gear folding spork. The first one was way too flimsy and bent like a plastic spork. I still have their second one which is thicker and ok. But I usually use the american kami spork.

Eric

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One thing I've always wondered.... Why hasn't someone come up with a cover to place over the teeth or head of a spork to make sure it doesn't accidentally fray or punch through the inside of a pack? No? Just me?.... :confused: