titanium tactical pen

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hello everyone I would like a tip for buying a good tactical pen in titanium without spending a lot
for example I had considered the fenix t5ti and surfing the web I found models that look identical: are they clones?
Is it easy to find clones and how do they recognize each other?
thanks everyone for the answers

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello everyone I would like a tip for buying a good tactical pen in titanium without spending a lot
for example I had considered the fenix t5ti and surfing the web I found models that look identical: are they clones?
Is it easy to find clones and how do they recognize each other?
thanks everyone for the answers
Brian fellhoelter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Tactile Turn pens. Good price on titanium, not sure how Tactical they are?
Titanium is very reasonably priced now thanks to zirconium.
Not Tactical at all. Don’t bother. The tactile turn pens were once limited and out of production... and very desirable.
Then new ones were made, driving the prices of the older ones down yet no real improvements. I lost my a** when I sold my old one.
Surefire isn’t Tactical either except their first one. The newer ones are overpriced and the Clicky mechanism is very fragile plus if you have black... they don’t have black parts anymore. If you want SOLID construction the 3 and 4 Surefire’s are solid except the Clicky part.
Drop it Clicky side down and it has issues.

I’m afraid times have changed and the only way to get real quality these days is to pay a lot of money even then it’s not a guarantee it ll be that good.

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
@alex
How much you looking to spend and does it have to be titanium? Also you need US made or is foreign ok?

What sort of uses is it for? Outdoorsy stuff, need it water resistant? You need a pen/ weapon, or good solid pen with a hard tip ok?