TK75 or something else

jbullock

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I have been eyeballing getting a TK75 for about a year... Then i saw the LD75 that's coming out, and it looks real nice. I am looking to spend ~225 or less on a 3 or 4x 18650 light. It has to have a good amount of throw. I really like the TK75... I just feel that there might be a replacement right around the corner with 4 emitters... but who knows.

I know this question has been asked before-probably many times... but I am wondering what out there right now (with all the recent releases with all the mfgs) would be a better buy than the TK75. The LD75 looks awesome, but the throw isn't as good. I would probably want 500m throw or more. Any recommendations? Any word of a new TK75 in the near future? Thanks!

LessDark

Enlightened
If throw is your thing, then I suggest you take a look at the Vinh section, his flashlights are modded for even more throw. Find one that fits your budget and you can't really go wrong with those. Two suggestions might be; the fenix tk61(a bit over your budget, the v1 not so much) which is the king of throw, and the k40 which is great throw for the money. Or a modded tk75 that you liked which has a great combination of flood and throw.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK75vn is within your price range. For a little more you can get the KT or Killer Throw version.

More emitters means you need more batteries to power it to the maximum brightness.

Fenix makes some nice lights, sometimes it's difficult to decide on which one is right for you.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is always going to be the next new and improved whatever coming out unless you're looking for an antique item. Auto makers are among the worst for this, If you buy the brand new 2015 hupmobile, tomorrow they will announce the new and improved 2015 1/2 hupmobile that makes all previous models obsolete and make all older ones worth less except for the hard core collectors of hupmobiles

Last edited:

hazza

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the LD75 would be the right choice here. It puts out a lot of lumens, but I don't think it's a very throwy light. 500m throw is gonna require something pretty serious, so even a stock TK75 might not be enough. As suggested, a modded version is one option, or a more hardcore thrower like the TK61 or K40.

Jvvjvv

Enlightened
I just got a T61vn..........took it out tonight for the first time. The throw ........(as expected) .......was very, very good, but the flood was a surprise. It really lighted up a huge area. Stretch your budget a little. You will be smiling every time you use your light.

jbullock

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I ended up getting a regular tk75, and i am very happy with the performance. Thanks!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad your choice is working for you! That's one of my favorite lights. :)

Fresh Light

Enlightened
TK75 is one of the best all around lights. Lots of output, not too big, and really good throw. I think it's in the 125-150K lux range. When you get urge to buy your next light, the K40vn would be my suggestion. It's not cutting edge 700-1000K lux, but I measured mine at 426K lux.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I ended up getting a regular tk75, and i am very happy with the performance. Thanks!
Good to hear that you are happy with it. I too recently got a TK75 and am very impressed with it. It rocks!