• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TK75vnQ - Best Searchlight

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pricing must be incorrect because they don't add up - $200.00 current boost + $50.00 XML PDTc + 60.00 DriverVNX2 and thermal pads = $310.00 This is the performance options my Q has in my picture thread. 5000 lumens and 366k lux.

ven

Flashaholic
I think the recommended options is like a deal type price , where as the list of options is each one separate for costs. So if you specifically wanted certain mods then add up that way if makes sense .

Premium dedome tint and drivervnx2 which gives more lumen over the current bump. Also the UI is fantatsic being able to tweak to your preference. Be it single or multi modes and what configuration , memory or not etc .

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the recommended options is like a deal type price , where as the list of options is each one separate for costs. So if you specifically wanted certain mods then add up that way if makes sense .

Premium dedome tint and drivervnx2 which gives more lumen over the current bump. Also the UI is fantatsic being able to tweak to your preference. Be it single or multi modes and what configuration , memory or not etc .

Ahh.... very true. I didn't think of that. Good heads up Ven.
I agree DriverVNX2 is an awesome ui and XML2 PDTc is my favorite tint.

Lantern32

Enlightened

thanks ven! I think the TK75 would be a more useable light for me. I looked at some beam shots and they are outstanding! I never knew a beam with such a large hot spot (not to mention spill) could go that far! I think the Pop Can King MM18 is a great light, but I think it is mostly focused towards close range illumination. That one LED that runs at 1k lumens won't be able to go too far with the reflector it has.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Hi Vinh-
A little heads up.. I will be buying this light from you with the recommended options within a couple of weeks. I first need to return my Nitecore TM26 to the seller. Pretty ironic that the key selling point of the TM26 is the display, and that is exactly why broke!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
A customer sent me a great idea today.

Run 2 XML2 PDT on two of the reflector wells and 2 XHP70 on the other two. Power each pair with the two separate switch. Not sure how the beam will beam but the idea is excellent!

Light can run on 2 cells or 4 cells and all the two pairs would operate independently.

What yall think?
Like Bigwilly, I immediately thought of my MM18vn. Since that's my favorite light, I say go for at least a prototype.

Lantern32

Enlightened
It's awesome lantern , go for it! This is what vinh did

Looks great! Does it require some high discharge batteries? I got some 3400 mah Nitecore batteries, but they aren't high discharge.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3400s are 5 amp rated cells so I would get some GAs or LG3500s to use in the Q. You'll see no difference running IMRs over the hybrids but will lose runtime.

Lantern32

Enlightened
The 3400s are 5 amp rated cells so I would get some GAs or LG3500s to use in the Q. You'll see no difference running IMRs over the hybrids but will lose runtime.

That's weird! They say high discharge on them! False advertising? lol

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's weird! They say high discharge on them! False advertising? lol
If they are rewrapped Panasonic 18650B they rated at 5 amps continuous discharge. I believe they are but I could be wrong. Still for the money your investing in the Q it makes sense to invest in quality batteries. The LG3500s are perfect for it.

Lantern32

Enlightened
If they are rewrapped Panasonic 18650B they rated at 5 amps continuous discharge. I believe they are but I could be wrong. Still for the money your investing in the Q it makes sense to invest in quality batteries. The LG3500s are perfect for it.

The LG batteries are better than the VTC5?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LG batteries are better than the VTC5?

Yes and no. The VTC5 is one of the best, if not best high drain IMR cells available. They are 2600 mah and are rated at 30 amps continuous . The LG3500 are 3500 mah and rated at 10 amps continuous. The LG are one of the best hybrid cells, also maybe the best currently available.

Now if the flashlight doesn't gain much or nothing using the VTC5, then using the LG3500 you gain 900 mah which gives a longer runtime.

I can tell you the Q doesn't look any brighter using high drains vs. a hybrid. If there is a gain in lumens then a lumen meter is needed.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Yes and no. The VTC5 is one of the best, if not best high drain IMR cells available. They are 2600 mah and are rated at 30 amps continuous . The LG3500 are 3500 mah and rated at 10 amps continuous. The LG are one of the best hybrid cells, also maybe the best currently available.

Now if the flashlight doesn't gain much or nothing using the VTC5, then using the LG3500 you gain 900 mah which gives a longer runtime.

I can tell you the Q doesn't look any brighter using high drains vs. a hybrid. If there is a gain in lumens then a lumen meter is needed.

Very helpful! Thank you so much!