TK75vnQ & TK75vnQ70 Power Bump

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
TK75vnQ & TK75vnQ70 Power Bump

Please read details carefully:

• Your light can only benefit from this upgrade if it currently has DriverVNX2
  • Ship me your light battery carriers only
  • Your light will be about 10-13% brighter and max brightness will last longer
  • Your light will be relatively more efficient due to much reduced resistance
  • You will need high drain button tops only after this mod
  • Your light will get hot faster due to the extra output and overall runtime will be reduced

$35 per carrier upgrade
+$7 for international shipping

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Hey vinh, sounds awesome for 10%+

Is it not worth getting more than one done, for example with run time extension kits. Any benefit for example having two carriers modded or is it negated with the kit(less stress over the cells). Or do all carriers require this mod no matter how many used for extra run times.

Cheers

star_c_star

Enlightened
Will all newly purchased TK75vnQ's and TK75vnQ70's have the new carrier?

I was about to buy a TK75vnQ70, and if its around 16,000 lumens instead of 14,000, that would be even better.

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Will all newly purchased TK75vnQ's and TK75vnQ70's have the new carrier?

I was about to buy a TK75vnQ70, and if its around 16,000 lumens instead of 14,000, that would be even better.

All TK75vn DriverVNX2 versions will get this carrier from now on.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow 2000 more lumens from just a battery carrier mod? im curious as to what you did to the carrier. i did not know you could increase lumens that way

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
wow 2000 more lumens from just a battery carrier mod? im curious as to what you did to the carrier. i did not know you could increase lumens that way

A pair of diodes that are there for reverse battery polarity hinders current draw. Remove these and mod the light in a way only button top can be used and tada we have remove lots of resistance while still retaining reverse battery polarity. Fortunately the mod is not too tough. Richard tip me in on this when he was here visiting. This mod is not safe if you do not mod the carrier to take button top only. The carrier can melt down instantly if you don't know what you are doing with cells in reverse polarity.

With this mod the current draw so hard the the center positive spring need to be modded too. Otherwise it too will soften up. Before this spring was big enough that the heat was no problem.

Last edited:

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Vinh, will driverVNX3 have any impact on output? Or will it just provide different programing modes?

Yes and no.

DriverVN3 out-performs the early DriverVNX2 but not the recent ones as the new driverVNX2 did have an upgrade along the way. Shipping DriverVN2 and X2 is really a 2.5 and driverVNX3 is really DriverVNX5 since there are so many upgrades that brings it up a couple steps above evolutionary.

Last edited:

Archangel72

Newly Enlightened
The way I understand this if you have this mod on a new flashlight and want to run an extender you need the extension modded also correct?

If so Is there a spot on Skylumen anywhere to purchase this?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an extender that I use on my Q and a TK75vn KT. Since the KT doesn't have DriverVN, can I use the modded extension with it?

star_c_star

Enlightened
I just received my TK75vnQ70 Dome On, Fiat Lux, with Date of Birth 01/02/2016.

Since it uses DriverVNX2 and is so new, I am reasonably certain it has the 10-13% power boost.

With Dome On, it must be at least 16,000 lumens. It is REALLY REALLY bright, so I can't wait until night fall!