TK75vnQ & TK75vnQ70 Power Bump

Wurkkos

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Thank-you. My approach is to very carefully pick the ones I want, wait until a buying opportunity appears, and then grab them!

I may have noticed :D and great taste you have too!!!

Awesome thrower, now an awesome flood light with punch!............to name just 2 of course;)

star_c_star

Enlightened
Sometimes my "very carefully" picking the ones I want gets a little weak, such as when I bought my second REV Victor Enthusiast. One should have been enough.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Sometimes my "very carefully" picking the ones I want gets a little weak, such as when I bought my second REV Victor Enthusiast. One should have been enough.

If you ever feel the need to sell a Rev Vic Enthusiast let me know. I just missed out on getting one.:shakehead

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

I dont know about weak, maybe look at it as a future investment and looking after it for another flashaholic friend may that time come to sell:D
Least it went to a CPF fellow flashlight friend, if away from here we would get no pics or impressions..............HINT:poke:

;)

star_c_star

Enlightened
I have an extender that I use on my Q and a TK75vn KT. Since the KT doesn't have DriverVN, can I use the modded extension with it?

Since I just received a TM75vnQ70, I have a question very slightly related to the one above.

Suppose I purchase a second modded battery extender from Vinh, with the lowered resistance. Do I still need to put high drain 18650's in both extenders? If the power draw is spread evenly over eight batteries, one would think that eight AW protected 3400 mAh 18650's would work. They can each tolerate a 6 amp drain.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Yes still use IMR and if possible make sure matched too, i just got the samsung 30Q and got 12 of them for the occasion(2 kits though).

Now with the new mod, iirc its button top only, so be them soldered or bought button top,i personally would make sure a batch of 4 for the run time ext kit.

Ideally all 8 the same cells...........For what it costs anyway. I am sure the most important part is the cells in the carrier are matched, ideally both carriers matched too but not a must iirc!

Vinh did state there is no need to get the other carrier modded though:)

star_c_star

Enlightened
Yes still use IMR and if possible make sure matched too, i just got the samsung 30Q and got 12 of them for the occasion(2 kits though).

Now with the new mod, iirc its button top only, so be them soldered or bought button top,i personally would make sure a batch of 4 for the run time ext kit.

Ideally all 8 the same cells...........For what it costs anyway. I am sure the most important part is the cells in the carrier are matched, ideally both carriers matched too but not a must iirc!

Vinh did state there is no need to get the other carrier modded though:)

Thanks for the information. I have 8 Samsung 30Q's on the way, so I am set in terms of batteries.

Now I just need a battery extension and carrier from Vinh. I'd prefer it was modded the same way so there is no chance of switching the two carriers by mistake.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Are they button top versions ? Sure the mod with removing the polarity protection means button tops only.

star_c_star

Enlightened
Are they button top versions ? Sure the mod with removing the polarity protection means button tops only.

OOPs, you're right, and I ordered the flat top ones.

I'll send them back, and order four more LG 3500 mAH 18650 unprotected button tops from Vinh. He recommended these as being a great match for this flashlight. They are available on his SkyLumen website.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Yes, nice choice as it does need run time!!! so much power, thats one of the big likes with this light(or other TK compatible) having the run time kit options.

If ever a TK light needs them...........its this one:D

tjiscooler

Newly Enlightened
Damn, there have been some HUGE jumps here. My V54 TN31 was the king when i bought it haha now a light of the same size is 5 times as powerful. Congrats man, you are kicking butt.