• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM16GTvn for $245

Capolini

Banned
I can't find any pictures, information or a thread about this light as far as options and specs?,,,,not on sky lumen website either.

ven

Flashaholic
Hey there Roberto, sure Vinh has decided on not to do a run, as he like the tk75 more for the build quality. The performance is close enough(the tm16gt pipping it) to leave the tm16gt out of his sales.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to have a very exciting video coming soon. Can't wait!

so you are going to have the tm16gtvn included in the shootout with the k70vn afterall.....?
i sure hope so.....this will be exciting...looking forward to seeing the t6vn as well.

from what i been collecting, the tm16gtvn should throw the best of the bunch, between tk75vnQ and T6vn

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible? Do I finally have a new favorite light? Did something dethrone my Supbeam X40vn and Niteye Eye40vn? Maybe, time will tell, but it's looking quite possible!

Left to right: Eye40vn, X40vn, TM16GTvn, K40vn
OF6KOV.jpg

AibMn4.jpg

With Nitecore handle. This light is bigger and heavier then I normally like, but since the handle fits (it did NOT fit the TK75vnQ) it doesn't look like it's going to be a problem.
fdfjkf.jpg

WpvCqA.jpg

One thing I really love, is that my middle finger rests right above the button. I can easily turn the light on/off, cycle through modes, or hold it down or double press for lowest or highest mode without the second hand! This is unusual when using handles with lights.
JPNVlZ.jpg

Finally got to play with the light outside (in the city though). This light is a total BAD A$$!!!

Vinh, you're the best!!!

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics Kevin1322, and I like the handle idea! Have you seen the new T6vn? I had just decided to be sensible and leave the TM16GT stock, and now that.... [emoji15][emoji3]

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I have. If l hadn't ordered the TM16GTvn already I'd go with the T6vn as l think it is slightly better, but not enough to order it too.

VNguyen

Enlightened
Kevin are those handles specifically for the tm16gt or is it the ones for most nitecore lights? I see some on Amazon and want to get one but it doesn't say anything about compatible with the tm16.

Saul Good

Enlightened
I'm curious about the handle myself. I have one on a TM36, but I remember trying it on the TM16GT and it didn't seem to fit. Did you space it with a piece of rubber or something?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Kevin can you make a light video for tm16gtvn?
Hmmm. I can try to find some time, but I've found video doesn't show beams very well. I'll try to take some pics too.

Kevin are those handles specifically for the tm16gt or is it the ones for most nitecore lights? I see some on Amazon and want to get one but it doesn't say anything about compatible with the tm16.
This handle was originally for the Tiny Monster series. However, being this light shows specs of being larger then the other TM lights, and I've tried lights of the TM16's given size before without luck, so I didn't think it would fit. Surprise!

I'm curious about the handle myself. I have one on a TM36, but I remember trying it on the TM16GT and it didn't seem to fit. Did you space it with a piece of rubber or something?
I took the battery end cap off first then slid it on. The clamp actually shuts completely ( zero gap) and I can still twist the light while holding the handle. Weird. For me though it's still plenty snug and there has been no problem with unwanted movement so far.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
White wall close up.
knOTad.jpg

White wall, about three feet back.
p3cuvu.jpg

Outdoors shots. Slightly different angle from last time as the street light was working so I needed to get in front of it.
heGZaU.jpg

Control
9fkgD7.jpg

Eye40vn
YFZRNl.jpg

X40vn
TYVoUI.jpg

M43vn XP-G2 PDT
FZKynW.jpg

TM16GTvn
8N2tmm.jpg

K40vn XM-L2 dedomed
cDPSXV.jpg

Thoughts:
Large spot like the X40vn/Eye40vn (about 215 lux), lumens and spill of the M43vn, and throw and body size of a K40vn (but bigger head). Really an amazing light imo.
While hiking, I usually used the 5% level (~315 OTF lumens) due to others being on the trail. I was quite pleasantly surprised how much useful light there was even at that level because of the beam. The pedals were even useful for the fact that one went right down to my feet while the light was straight forward, so I could see where I was stepping (a good thing in the desert).

Last edited:

thegameisrigged

Newly Enlightened
Is it too late for this? I'm very interested in getting a new one for cheaper than I can get used. If not then I'll just have to pay more for a used model.