• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36UTvn - Pop Can King

ven

Flashaholic
Oeh, my TN36vn may need a brother :D

:naughty:

Must admit,yesterday with the tn36vn ,i was still amazed by the output, so useful and respectable reach too,fantastic light which looks like its just got better!!!!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 11,000+ Lumen Pop Can? ;-)

That means you are still a tint snub....lol I usually dont mind tint unless its the nasty green, CW is good enough for me on flood lights

lol

I will always get neutral if it is available... I dont mind CW anymore as long as its not pea green or purple.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 11,000+ Lumen Pop Can? ;-)

Can you give us the numbers to your original tn36vn?
i have jmpaul s numbers, but it would be nice to get yours, so that we are on the same page.
Would shaving the xhp70 be an option?
at over 11k lumens, I think I can Sacrifice lumens for some more throw.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably not gonna get much throw from such small, shallow, overlapping reflectors.

That leaves lumens vs tint. This item is designed for massive lumens/flood, period.

So, I am looking at the most lumens, forgetting about the throw and the tint and the heat and the runtime.

More Lumens is the new Better Tint.

ven

Flashaholic
I am taken back by the 8400lm MKR version, just by sheer power the throw is respectable.............

At 40kcd with dome on is pretty amazing, considering lights like the nitecore p25 is 24kcd !!!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
XHP70 SD usually does give a better tint and nicer fill hot spot though.
exactly what I need! My tn36vn even with 8500 lumens does need more throw. It seems all flood and spill.
Can't wait for this beast to be released.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
exactly what I need! My tn36vn even with 8500 lumens does need more throw. It seems all flood and spill.
Can't wait for this beast to be released.

I made a couple for a customer and they love it. They just order 4 more. All ship directly to me from the store as there arent much stock aroudn yet.

I ordered a big batch but its still not here. This is one impressive light with all the updates. 11K Lumen is really really nice!! LOL

I was excited with this light a whiel ago but I could not get any stock so I didnt want to talk about it until my order was secure. Anyhow. We got around 10-15 coming ;-)

lumentia

Enlightened
I made a couple for a customer and they love it. They just order 4 more. All ship directly to me from the store as there arent much stock aroudn yet.

I ordered a big batch but its still not here. This is one impressive light with all the updates. 11K Lumen is really really nice!! LOL

I was excited with this light a whiel ago but I could not get any stock so I didnt want to talk about it until my order was secure. Anyhow. We got around 10-15 coming ;-)
Sorry for the newb questions, but what makes this model have so much more output than the previous model tn36 that you modded with xhp70s? Is this the same light body but with a different driver?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the newb questions, but what makes this model have so much more output than the previous model tn36 that you modded with xhp70s? Is this the same light body but with a different driver?

Good question. I have not compared driver side by side but I just cant boost the old model as much.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question. I have not compared driver side by side but I just cant boost the old model as much.
jmpaul had 7829 lumens with the old tn36vn with xhp.
and 8500 lumens with the old tn36vn with mkr.
and now with the new tn36vnxhp, your getting 11000 lumens!
yea, i wonder why is that....did thrunite do something with the driver?

lumentia

Enlightened
Well whatever it is, is um, AWESOME. Man. You have so many great lights out now, hard to decide.

gsteve

Enlightened
Im using your original 6x as a benchmark.... let me know when i need to upgrade :)

vivi_wino

Newly Enlightened
Yes! I was just told that the TN36UT will be here earlier than anticipated. May be Thursday or Friday! :)

Now I feel like I should have ordered more as 1/3 are already reserved..

Opps...Its Vinh on Vivian's laptop again LOL