• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36UTvn - Pop Can King

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Great,
that just gives me a reason to buy more batteries:). Guess i need some more anyway
i have been looking at the TN36UTvn to go with my TN36vn, is there a big enough difference in lumens to buy the ut version over what i have now? I think mine now is about 8000 lumens and the ut is about what' 12,000 lumens

ven

Flashaholic
It is a significant amount and different LED's but i find over a certain output it appears as a bump up. The tn36vn with the MKR's is awesome at 8300lm and reaches out very well along with flooding the area. Sure the UT version with the xhp70's will appear brighter but for me i would choose another light rather than 2 similar if makes sense. Check some good "do it all" types, maybe the T6vn which throws superb and also plenty of useful spill..............or the tn40vn, many options here!

Thats me though, bit of variety and all that:naughty:

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Yeah,
i was really just thinking about it. But have made my mind up on getting a stock TN40 (cheaper than a vn and can use leftover money for another light) for my do it all light. As my uses are 300 yards and under, just cant debate on a cool white or nuetral version. I like warm/neutral the best but thought the cool white be brighter.
Also really looking hard at the R50vn in a 4000k for a really useful light around the house.
My big lights i have now are the
K40Mvn
TN35 (stock)
TN36vn
Noctigon M43 / 4000k xp-g2
thanks for all the help ven

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use lg mj1 and sony vct 6 on all vn lights.... Tk75vn with extended kit will received samsung 30q, because 8 3000 mah will give plenty of run time...

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use lg mj1 and sony vct 6 on all vn lights.... Tk75vn with extended kit will received samsung 30q, because 8 3000 mah will give plenty of run time...
I just ordered the fenix extention kit also and I believe I'm going to run my TK75vn with those cells. I have 6 of them but going to order a couple more. Ven talks very highly of these and they are good ones! I may order another extention kit for my TK61vn. How do you like yours NL?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the fenix extention kit also and I believe I'm going to run my TK75vn with those cells. I have 6 of them but going to order a couple more. Ven talks very highly of these and they are good ones! I may order another extention kit for my TK61vn. How do you like yours NL?

Its good. I never removed my extended kit... I dont think you need 3500 mah on this extended unless you want it too.. I am trying to order 3000 Mah.. I think this light will give you plenty of runtime, as well as the life of the battery..

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its good. I never removed my extended kit... I dont think you need 3500 mah on this extended unless you want it too.. I am trying to order 3000 Mah.. I think this light will give you plenty of runtime, as well as the life of the battery..
OK cool . I'm going to order another one for my TK61VN. I believe it will come in handy when I'm at my cabins because the is no electricity there except for generators but I never run them long enough to charge batteries.

niktak11

Newly Enlightened
Why would you choose spec 2 over 3?

I want a TN36UTvn but have agonised over spec 2 or 3 for months. Spec 1 just turns everything to a cold winters afternoon and looks depressing.

I kinda want a pure linear flood like a 1000 watt halogen floodlight with no discernible hotspot... but is the spec 2 lower on lumens than the 3?

Also which has the warmer tint?
Spec 2 will have higher CRI and a more neutral tint

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spec 2 will have higher CRI and a more neutral tint
The better color rendition is why I would choose a spec 2 today.
I read the shaved CW drops colour to 5000k and the HCRI XP70 is 5700ish :/
Warmer tint is why I chose shaved dome back when the choice was between it or the cool white, dome on.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bit the bullet and ordered Spec 2.
I am sure you will love it. Maximum up front shut down power in a light of its weight and size class. You will be impressed.

I selected the spec that yields the most lumens. The only way to get more throw and more lumens is to go to a flashlight in the next larger size classification, and next heavier weight classification.

TN36UTvn is king of the two and a half inch head diameter flood lights. After all of these months have passed, I am still amazed at how severely under powered the various factory(ies) amps are. Seven or eight or nine thousand lumens from a factory(ies) 3 x XHP70 light(s), boosted to 13,400 lumens is a huge increase. And the lower modes are still there, for use of routine heat production and fuel consumption, for those who need or like that sort of thing. :)

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Vinh: I just purchased the TN36UTvn from another CPF member and I am just wondering what happened to moon mode? Has moon mode been deleted?

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh removed it along with the pocket clip.

lmao!! not sure which TN36UTvn you got. I don't think Vinh made a DriverVNX version available to the public but he obviously does custom work for people. Anyhow, the stock UI has a low/med/high in your normal cycle with a "moonlight" option if you hold down the power button with the light off.

TBH with a light this bright moonlight mode is everything but. I have a TN36vn with XHP70 and power boost and the "moonlight" mode really doesn't change much from normal "low" brightness.

If you got your hands on a TN36UTvn with driverVNX, you will need to program it to a mode with "moonlight"... which is 1% of max brightness = 126 lumen anyways.

vudoo

Enlightened
It's a monster. Wait until you take it down to lakes entrance and shine it in a fully dark area. The pictures I posted earlier on really shows what it can do.

Are you happy with the tint?

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint is beautiful and I can't see any artifacts in the beam.... hard to believe Vinh took a Gillette Triple razor and shaved the dome... man's got steady hands!

How did you know I was going to Lakes Entrance?! Spooky....