• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36UTvn - Pop Can King

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
this one has my interest peaked for sure - mm15vn is still my favorite for now, - maybe I will wait and see what the first 15 members think of theirs

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope I made it for this round.

Last edited by a moderator:

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened
I'm assuming I'm #2 TB? (should be TH if that's me. :nana: )

I know I want option A&B just not sure about G yet or not. Would kinda like to wait until some numbers come out for the normal vs shaved.
Want me to just send the A&B price and when time comes I can tack on the extra if I decide on the G?

vudoo

Enlightened
Hey Vinh, I just placed an order off your website for the spec 1 version, did I make the list for first round?

Does spec 1 have engraving? Heat pad etc?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am asking Greta to see if I can become a dealer. Lets keep my personal website order and questions relative to it from this subforum for now. Thank You.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Lots of questions regarding SD VS Dome on.

I will have beam shots but here is my opinion: For the TN36UTvn pick SD!

Filled in the hot spot to eliminate the slight dome on donut hole
Nicer tint
visually brighter as I look at the large hot spot more than the spill
Its very hard to notice the lumen gain in the spill with dome on over dedome in this light, However its very easy to notice the lux gain in the hot spot
Dont worry that SD will make it too throwey. This light flood no matter what you do.

bored7one4

Newly Enlightened
ill take one please.

any pics on this light yet?

ill take one since I been waiting for XHP light. I also have $154 credit from light i returned.

TN36vn w/ XHP70 $243 Shipped USA, Lumen boost only

Neutral White & Cool White available

Extra Options:
A) +$12 Thermal pad cooling
B) + $5 for "V54" Engraved
C) + $7 Dark Heated Bezel
D) + $7 for Sand Blast Bezel
E) + $5 for top color (email for color options)
F) + $20 International shipping
G) +$12 Shaved Dome, improved throw and perfect beam

also whats recommended option from above?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
ill take one please.

any pics on this light yet?

ill take one since I been waiting for XHP light. I also have $154 credit from light i returned.

TN36vn w/ XHP70 $243 Shipped USA, Lumen boost only

Neutral White & Cool White available

Extra Options:
A) +$12 Thermal pad cooling
B) + $5 for "V54" Engraved
C) + $7 Dark Heated Bezel
D) + $7 for Sand Blast Bezel
E) + $5 for top color (email for color options)
F) + $20 International shipping
G) +$12 Shaved Dome, improved throw and perfect beam

also whats recommended option from above?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Some rambling ....

Sometimes when I have to buy a light too expensive I actually have to cut down what I want for labor...This light is an example.

Budget lights are much cheaper and I could make them more affordable to more people but you know how that goes. You pay for what you get and I would probably just end up spending more time repairing them from returns.

I used to buy a ton of budget lights to review but only a few are OK. Most are not good enough to my standard. So for now I kinda just step away unless something really stands out.

Light like the TN36vn is actually very high quality tool and you can tell just holding it in you hand. When I engrave I can clearly tell that the anode is excellent. If this light quality wasn't as good as it is I would never pay this much for this light. Regardless of how bright it is.

Remember the ShockerVN? Not bad performance! Terrible quality! Hated it!

Thrunite and Acebeam has stepped up their game over the years. I think their quality is as good as Fenix now.

Innovation wise I think Fenix is still the best Chinese Brand. Fenix is innovative but dare I say they are too conservative. But its OK, As long as the Fenix hosts are good, the guts we can work around.

Not sure what I am trying to get at here. But the point is you really pay for what you get, at least if that's not the case then you still have a great warranty with me LOL

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance I could get a link to the best batteries for this one? I need some anyways and just want a good battery from a reputable dealer. Thanks!

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, if there is one left I will take it!!! Options A,B,G Based on the posts I think I got the last one! Can you please confirm so I can send PayPal?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of questions regarding SD VS Dome on.

I will have beam shots but here is my opinion: For the TN36UTvn pick SD!

Filled in the hot spot to eliminate the slight dome on donut hole
Nicer tint
visually brighter as I look at the large hot spot more than the spill
Its very hard to notice the lumen gain in the spill with dome on over dedome in this light, However its very easy to notice the lux gain in the hot spot
Dont worry that SD will make it too throwey. This light flood no matter what you do.

That is exactly the type of beam i was hoping for with the shaved dome! im glad the sd made a visually impact on this light.
although i liked how the original tn36vn was super bright and floody, it was still lacking that throw from having a hotspot. it threw somewhat decent only from the sheer power, but now with this version, i can hopefully see it brighter in the center of the beam.

cant wait to compare the two versions! in just high mode, i hope the tn36utvn is around 5000 lumens..

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping Vinh will update the lumen & lux stats on both the shaved & unshaved versions of this light before he ships out the first builds.

I have no problem with a delay of my shipment to give him time to do this.