• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36UTvn - Pop Can King

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened
Lots of questions regarding SD VS Dome on.

I will have beam shots but here is my opinion: For the TN36UTvn pick SD!

Filled in the hot spot to eliminate the slight dome on donut hole
Nicer tint
visually brighter as I look at the large hot spot more than the spill
Its very hard to notice the lumen gain in the spill with dome on over dedome in this light, However its very easy to notice the lux gain in the hot spot
Dont worry that SD will make it too throwey. This light flood no matter what you do.

In that case then I want A, B & G!

Thanks Vinh. Please confirm my order and I'll paypal you tonight!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I will post beam shots and specs so u guys can re-confirm ur options.

Batch 1 is sold out. I ordered batch 2 yeaterday. Ships from a US vendor so it should be 1.5 week max.

10 ordered for batch 2. 3 sold so 7 spot left. THANKS.

ven

Flashaholic
This will be an awesome light, love xhp70's and in a great sized light too,very solid build. Got to be best $ per lumen...........

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have a feeling that the state of Washington is soon going to be lit up!
:)

Yah and then the police will stop by to question. Lucky I only have neighbors on one of the house and I already bribe them with flashlights gifts so they are less annoyed.

ven

Flashaholic
Yah and then the police will stop by to question. Lucky I only have neighbors on one of the house and I already bribe them with flashlights gifts so they are less annoyed.

I am moving in next door other side:) jk ,i would gladly help out for fun!!!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spots 1 and 2 in batch one might be the lucky ones to have this awesome light by Halloween haha

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked up the exact dimensions of this host, and I'm amazed that Vinh is cramming over 10,000 lumens in such a small package! I suspect he's putting some uranium or plutonium in there. Maybe I should wear my tinfoil hat when playing with this flashlight. Lol

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked up the exact dimensions of this host, and I'm amazed that Vinh is cramming over 10,000 lumens in such a small package! I suspect he's putting some uranium or plutonium in there. Maybe I should wear my tinfoil hat when playing with this flashlight. Lol
ya crazy isn't it?!
i just hope his lumen rating is close to jm Paul's. Because if not, it could actually be 9000 lumens if jm Paul was to test it.
If vinh still has the original tn36vn, and can test the lumens on that one, then we can kinda gauge if this new tn36utvn is accurate.

If not, I'd be able to do it. I have the original tn36vn and have the tn36utvn on the way. I'll report back...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
ya crazy isn't it?!
i just hope his lumen rating is close to jm Paul's. Because if not, it could actually be 9000 lumens if jm Paul was to test it.
If vinh still has the original tn36vn, and can test the lumens on that one, then we can kinda gauge if this new tn36utvn is accurate.

If not, I'd be able to do it. I have the original tn36vn and have the tn36utvn on the way. I'll report back...

My lumen numbers are right on Justins. I also tested the sphere with many factory lights and gets just same the number give or take just 100 lumen.

Just hang tight for a few days until the TN36UT arrives. I will have all the numbers and beam shots.

I also tested the factory TN36UT numbers and got just what Thrunite got IIRC

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
awaiting some beam shots :)

vinh do you think you could compare beamshots with the older tn36vn triple mkr and perhaps the mm15vn (if you have them in stock that is) - inquiring minds would like to know :)

also - I am sure this thing cranks out heat - just wondering in your testing how long you are able to get in turbo mode before you need to throttle back the output?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very excited! This will be my largest and brightest light.