• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN40vn - Should T6vn be scared?!

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
I don't see the TN40vn listed for sale at SkyLumen anymore. Is it discontinued, or did I miss something?

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it disappeared sometime 2 weeks ago. No one knows why. The rumor floating around is that he discontinued it to make room for the cheaper tn40s mod but nothing has been confirmed.

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I kinda thought that. Built- in battery pack kept a lot of people away (myself included). Actually I always had my eye on a T6vn but never pulled the trigger. Then I hesitated on this light, spec 4 was pretty expensive. I have a TN30vn35 coming to hold me over till Vinh comes up with a replacement for the TN40vn

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, at present, I would buy the X65vn, Spec 2 for a super powerful flashlight in both the Lumen and Lux departments.

I'm happy with my TN40vn, as you can see from my beamshots posted above. But the X65vn ups the game in both spill & throw. Yes, it's a big light. But, as someone pointed out to me on the forum, one a light cannot fit into your jacket pocket, it doesn't matter how big it is.

The TN40vn, Spec 4 also gets super hot quickly. I don't know for sure, but I hope the X65vn could hold off the heat a bit longer.

Finally, the cost of the X65vn isn't that much more than the TN40vn, Spec 4.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, at present, I would buy the X65vn, Spec 2 for a super powerful flashlight in both the Lumen and Lux departments.

I'm happy with my TN40vn, as you can see from my beamshots posted above. But the X65vn ups the game in both spill & throw. Yes, it's a big light. But, as someone pointed out to me on the forum, one a light cannot fit into your jacket pocket, it doesn't matter how big it is.

The TN40vn, Spec 4 also gets super hot quickly. I don't know for sure, but I hope the X65vn could hold off the heat a bit longer.

Why buy a X65VN?? get a rc40vn40.. you gonna need it when you move to New Hampshire..

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

The X7vn, with 16000 lumen at start up gets hot quickly! It's my only mega lumen light, with the T6vn the next most powerful that I own. The mass of the X65vn should certainly help with heat dispersion. Very good point by member "X" about the size of a light once it is no longer an EDC! I remember reading that but can't remember who it was either! Sounds like a ven comment. :)

That leads me to my question. The TN40vn gets hot quickly. From this we conclude that it doesn't handle heat as well as the T6vn (for example). But light is heat, so isn't that evidence that it IS handling the heat well and taking it away from the LED? Or am I flatlining something complicated? [emoji4]

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we all misuse the phrase "handles heat well."

Just because a light stays cool doesn't necessarily mean it's got good thermal management. And vice versa.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
[emoji106] on the 30Q
Lol, OG made it official. I'm switching tonight :)

I'm kinda curious of the current draw on our lights.

Does anyone know or have a link to where I can find a list of LEDs and their operating voltages and amps (or watts?)

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, OG made it official. I'm switching tonight :)

I'm kinda curious of the current draw on our lights.

Does anyone know or have a link to where I can find a list of LEDs and their operating voltages and amps (or watts?)

I haven't tested this light yet, but I will eventually. I've tested amp draw on all my lights.

drummer132132

Enlightened
Oh heck yeah! Forget what I said about skipping TN40vn & going straight to X65vn. At this attractive price of the TN40vnS, Spec 2 competes well with the X65vn, bang for the buck wise.

Indeed, it would be a choice of mass for the heat and or form factor. I have to say the huge spill and great throw of the TN40vn is nice but at the trade off of way more heat though I question the heat generated to the idea that it heatsinks very well to the outside efficiently aka gets hot quick.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spec 2 is now $110 cheaper.. mad and i paid $460 for the same specs.. spec 2 is a good buy if you looking for a thrower.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not only is it a thrower. Go back to my 1st picture in post #444. Those other balconies are 100 feet away and lit ONLY by my TN40vn, Spec 4. Lots of spill too!