TN40vn - Should T6vn be scared?!

RJBoyle

Newly Enlightened
Thanks eekazum!

Now that I think about it, I guess this is going to be my first Electronic Switched Light owned. Also my first DriverVN... light from Vinh. I did take a look at his DriverVN2 instructional video and it does look pretty straight forward. I hope:thinking:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have both the t6vn and tn40vn? If so, would it be possible to see a beam shot comparison of the two? I know vinh compared them, but I wanna see others. For the meantime, is the t6vn worth upgrading to a tn40vn? Is the lumen and throw noticeable?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the quick response with beam shot. I already have a tm16gtvn....pretty much identical performance to the t6vn. So I'm just trying to see if the upgrade is worth it. On paper, it seems totally worth it to purchase a new light to dethrone my tm16gtvn. But when looking at beam shots, the difference doesn't appear to be "too" much brighter. Maybe 2000 lumens max. Maybe in person or outdoor beamshot will show a bigger difference?
I know if I didn't already have the tm16gtvn, there's no doubt I'd already have purchased the tn40vn.

drummer132132

Enlightened
TN40Svn is going to give a few more positives. Get a nicer tint. Dedome could potentially give off a hint of green. Hi won't do that. Be decently brighter and more throw. Also have the ability to lockout the light with a twist. Always a nice feature. I almost went with the TN40Svn over the X65vn but I wanted a big light since I don't have a "big" light.

MC408

Enlightened
Pretty sure I know the answer, but just to confirm. The TN40 has a rechargeable battery pack and the TN40S is the same light with a removable pack, correct? If anyone has a tn40svn, can you confirm the bottom does not have a charge port and charge indicator light? Pic would be awesome. I think my tn40svn has a TN40 base

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure I know the answer, but just to confirm. The TN40 has a rechargeable battery pack and the TN40S is the same light with a removable pack, correct? If anyone has a tn40svn, can you confirm the bottom does not have a charge port and charge indicator light? Pic would be awesome. I think my tn40svn has a TN40 base

long story. Tn40svn have a removable pack.. u werent here when the tn40vn was released.. some of the tn40vn have to use tn30 handle/carrier to work with xhp 35 12v.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tn40vn arrived today. Best vn light to date. Best light I have to date out of 70 or so....and counting. This light is a monstrous beast that eats up the darkness. Man, it's beam is so bright and intense it's amazing. I just love the size and form factor. It dethroned my tm16gtvn that does 422kcd and 6000 lumens. That light has been downgraded to my loft, and the tn40vn now has the pedestal next to the backyard door. Beamshots coming tomorrow...
anyone on the fence should just buy this light...I was and now I have no regrets, and better hurry cus vinh only has a couple left!

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrats man. my TN40vn put my TM16GTvn to shame too. It's weird how pics just don't do the differences justice.

hey, you got the TN40Svn right? if so, could you post a pic of the battery carrier and how the batteries line up? Was curious to see if there was a chance it would fit into the TN32UT battery accidentally.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
long story. Tn40svn have a removable pack.. u werent here when the tn40vn was released.. some of the tn40vn have to use tn30 handle/carrier to work with xhp 35 12v.

Correct. This is what mine looks like.

I adjusted the handle so the "MINI TN30" is flush with the "TN40" logo on the head.

hahoo

Enlightened
Tn40vn arrived today. Best vn light to date. Best light I have to date out of 70 or so....and counting. This light is a monstrous beast that eats up the darkness. Man, it's beam is so bright and intense it's amazing. I just love the size and form factor. It dethroned my tm16gtvn that does 422kcd and 6000 lumens. That light has been downgraded to my loft, and the tn40vn now has the pedestal next to the backyard door. Beamshots coming tomorrow...
anyone on the fence should just buy this light...I was and now I have no regrets, and better hurry cus vinh only has a couple left!

did you get the 5000k, nw version ?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrats man. my TN40vn put my TM16GTvn to shame too. It's weird how pics just don't do the differences justice.

hey, you got the TN40Svn right? if so, could you post a pic of the battery carrier and how the batteries line up? Was curious to see if there was a chance it would fit into the TN32UT battery accidentally.

no, I got the original version with the spare handle.