• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN40vn - Should T6vn be scared?!

Capolini

Banned
wow, talk about a variation in performance. does your also have the driver spring "pre-modded" like johnnymac's?

edit: the flashlight companies are on to you!!! selling you the runts of the litter!

It is very UNLIKELY a variation in performance. SB and Johnnymac measure from further away. I believe Vinh is 7.5m[he is restricted with the amount of room he has.]

Thrunite measures @ 3m! They got 331Kcd

Vinh measure @ 7.5m/323Kcd

SB measures from 10m/ 370Kcd

JMac measures from 9m/432Kcd

Johnny mac: One thing ThruNite does that understates their throw measurements is they measure from only 3m away .At that short distance the focus of a large thrower, especially one with multi-LEDs, is that the beam isn't even focused yet at that range. I test throwers at 9m distance for what I consider to be an even more accurate measurement of a light's ability to throw.
*******************************************************************************************************************************

That is most likely the reason for the differences in LUX. Their are other variables but measuring distance is key,especially for throwers.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, the time has come to have a focal point for lights :) Every decent thrower must have this one:

leica-apo-telyt-r-1600mm-right-582x388.jpg

:D

P.S.: This is a $2000000 Leica "glass".
The Leica 1600mm is special for a number of different ways. Not only is it made by the most prestigious lens manufacturer in the world, but it also just so happens to be one of the most expensive lenses ever made. The lens was purchased by Sheikh Saud Bin Mohammed Al-Thani of Qatar and he hasn't released any sample images (what a waste!)

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe ANSI standard calls for a 10 meter measurement distance.

Within LED bins I think there is about a 7% latitude.

Also, I would imagine that not all emitters are perfectly aligned in a mass produced product.

So, some small variations are to be expected. However, I'm surprised that Thrunite ignores the 10 meter ANSI standard. They must have a small shop, LOL.

VNguyen

Enlightened
wow, talk about a variation in performance. does your also have the driver spring "pre-modded" like johnnymac's?

edit: the flashlight companies are on to you!!! selling you the runts of the litter!

Numbers from modders differ but I don't care. All I can say is my lights after I get from vinh are always brighter, throw further, etc. for instance I had a k70 and when I got the k70vn it was night and day. Much brighter and had a very defined hotspot. Get too much into numbers and miss out on the important things that matter. My eyes know best and I see performance every time I get a v54 torch[emoji1]

Magio

Enlightened
Eager to see what Vihn can do with this light. Might have to send mine in to get modified.

Magio

Enlightened
BTW here is my Stock TN40 vs my TN32 and my FF4S 65 watt HID.'

TN32
TN32_zps2xobjsgz.jpg

TN40
TN40_zpsyrvtevpu.jpg

FF4
FF4%2065watt_zpspnevvwqj.jpg

And as a bonus here is my Maxabeam on High.
Maxabeam%20High_zpsiefqcpab.jpg

Magio

Enlightened
I think i like the TN40 the best too. And the good thing about it is that it can maintain that level of output so long as it does not get too hot, and it does not have timer step down like many other lights. I ran mine for about 15mins on turbo and the body of the light reached 160F just behind the reflector area but the light still didnt throttle down.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, the T6vn is the perfect large light. It seams smaller than it is and is so comfortable to hold. Of course it handles heat like a champ.

Lights that outperform the T6vn pay a high price in weight and bulk. (plus there is the wheel kit to buy).
[emoji6]

Only one nitpick; it doesn't lock out.

For me, it's the weird beam with the petal shaped spill that was the deal breaker...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
how many samples did you purchase? does it look like you will be using the stock or vn driver?

I bought one sample. I am playing with the stock driver now. But I have 3 different circuitry route for this light. We will see ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
T6vn + DriverVNX2 + XPL PDT = Lumen 5150, Lux 405K
TN40vn + Power Boost + XPL PDT = Lumen 4860, Lux 433K

TN40vn + DriverVNX2 + XPL PDT = ???
TN40vn + DriverVNXR + XHP35 HI = ???

ven

Flashaholic
That is that close, the winner should be down to the preferred UI and form factor/quality along with the fuel design. Be proprietary or your own cell option which would be preferred..............

I dont have either, but imo the T6vn seems to have more benefits even if not quite the build quality of the tn40!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

how come the boost only went up 60 lumens ? that means you got an additional 100kcd with just dedomed xpl and better focusing, that in its self it quite impressive, Go VINH !!!

if you could xhp35 this light id send you all my paychecks :D 600kcd plus 8000 lumens lmao LETS GOO !!!!

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tn40vn....although, nice numbers, imo a vn driver is the way to go. T6vn is much more appealing with the higher lumens and with the single click to turbo with your vn driver.

How come xhp35Hi was not an option with the t6vn and tm16gtvn?

does the thrunight have higher quality reflector and lens and deeper reflecters compare to the t6?
im curious why it throws that much better....and this is before a vn driver.
Isnt the tn40 smaller than the t6 also?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one sample. I am playing with the stock driver now. But I have 3 different circuitry route for this light. We will see ;-)

1. Xpl pdt
2. Xpl pdt vn2
3. Xhp 35HI vnxr
another idea for 4th circuitry testing.... Replace proprietary batteries to the new Sony vtc6!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Tn40vn....although, nice numbers, imo a vn driver is the way to go. T6vn is much more appealing with the higher lumens and with the single click to turbo with your vn driver.

How come xhp35Hi was not an option with the t6vn and tm16gtvn? I did tried them but the result was not ideal. Shooting for it again in this light now with DriverVNXR

does the thrunight have higher quality reflector and lens and deeper reflecters compare to the t6? Tiny tad it looks like
im curious why it throws that much better....and this is before a vn driver.
Isnt the tn40 smaller than the t6 also? TN40vn looks bigger. No T6vn in stock to compare LOL

Capolini

Banned
some battery forum opinion on VTC6?

It was an E-Cig forum. I know they require more amps and use the batteries differently [in a harder way] than modded torches!

[–]shinsuke_nakamuraVCMT/Custom DNA 200 (2800mAh MaxAmps Lipo) 6 points 8 months ago*
I have had access to the VTC5A (2600mAh/35a CDR), VTC6 (3000mAh/30a CDR), and VTC7 (3500mAh/8a CDR). The VTC6 have been in cordless authentic Makita drill packs for several months. In my opinion the Samsung 30Q is a better cell than the VTC6. The VTC5A from what I could gather with extremely limited testing equipment is a revised VTC5 for German manufacturers, and the VTC7 I did not ever physically have because I was uninterested. These cells are already a fixture of the E-Bike North American market, but most find them unimpressive due to considerable temperatures reached at quoted CDR's.

Last edited: