• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN40vn - Should T6vn be scared?!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think x 50 and xhp 70 are the feature led because flashlight company can put out 3000 lumen from a single 18650.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
I actually really dislike the design of this light, but Vinh, you get that thing working with XHP35 hi and put up some promising numbers.... And I promise to be one of the many that will happily put my marriage back in turmoil and buy one ��.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that there is apparently a DriverVNXR it is a possibility crashunit. This will open a whole range of new options for Vinh.

The Manker U21 would be a fascinating little 26650 thrower with the V54 treatment and better UI. [emoji106][emoji3]

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
come on vinh lets do x4 xpg2 leds dedomed lol. would that even be possible? i imagie focusing would be a challange but that would be one focused beam lol

Saul Good

Enlightened
come on vinh lets do x4 xpg2 leds dedomed lol. would that even be possible? i imagie focusing would be a challange but that would be one focused beam lol

Focusing won't be a problem. It uses centering discs like the T6 (only bigger). There's no need to mess around with trying to adjust focus:)

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

im for that as well. In fact, I'm quite surprised that wasn't an option for the t6vn nor the tm16gtvn.
Coulda gotten maybe 100k more lux and with that intense beam, you will barely notice the lumen difference vs the xpl. And even if u do, the xpg2 will still be plenty bright.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Now that there is apparently a DriverVNXR it is a possibility crashunit. This will open a whole range of new options for Vinh.

The Manker U21 would be a fascinating little 26650 thrower with the V54 treatment and better UI. [emoji106][emoji3]

I told Vinh the same thing awhile ago about modding it, but he said he did not like the UI on the Manker U21, which i think is ok actually. But hopefully if enough people tell him to mod the U21, which is a great pocketable (ok, like a jacket pocket or cargo pocket) single cell XHP35 Hi long distance thrower (700 meters) with a lot of lumens (1,300 lumens). I don't think there is anything OEM that size that can throw that far yet, and did I mention it's under 75 dollars? Anyways, I hope Vinh changes his mind about modding the Manker U21. "All in Favor say I?" :)

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened

I actually seriously want a quad dedomed XHP70 or XHP50 T6vn if he won't do a quad XHP35 hi T6vn yet. Hell actually I'd like to get all three of them now that I think about it, lol.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually seriously want a quad dedomed XHP70 or XHP50 T6vn if he won't do a quad XHP35 hi T6vn yet. Hell actually I'd like to get all three of them now that I think about it, lol.

Just buy yourself an ice cream in a cone on a 100 degree day and hold it horizontally. Same result I reckon! :)

Regarding the U21, the UI is ok ( I have the U11. 2 clicks for turbo rather than strobe would have been better), but a new driver would fix that and you might as well. I agree that the stock light has impressive performance. Who knows what a boost and a dedome would do to this light. It would definitely fill a gap in Vinh's lineup. Do we dare dream of 1km of ansi throw from a single 26650?

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Just buy yourself an ice cream in a cone on a 100 degree day and hold it horizontally. Same result I reckon! :)

Regarding the U21, the UI is ok ( I have the U11. 2 clicks for turbo rather than strobe would have been better), but a new driver would fix that and you might as well. I agree that the stock light has impressive performance. Who knows what a boost and a dedome would do to this light. It would definitely fill a gap in Vinh's lineup. Do we dare dream of 1km of ansi throw from a single 26650?

Thats 3 Vinh! I hope your counting! For god sake ur practically a Manker distributor with all the Manker lights on your site!

jasaero

Newly Enlightened

I would also consider this guy with just a boost or driver swap. It's already an XHP35 HI or can be ordered with that it seems...so new LED wouldn't even be necessary. Unless there is something with the XHP 35 Hi that doesn't allow it to easily be driven past 2000lm like the Vinh is doing with the dedomed 35's on like the R50vn. Tinyish extreme thrower would be awesome though. Seems you could almost double the output from where they are driving things stock. Not sure where that would put throw...but guessing you would then be over 1000meters pretty easy in 5.8" long by 2.3" head diameter light. Seems pretty attractive to me.

jasaero

Newly Enlightened
Im excited for the TN40vn, hope this comes out good and will defo be down for one!

I 2nd that. Really curious to see what the final monster spec and configuration options end up being. Also curious to see how the performance/price ends up comparing to T6vn. Guessing T6vn will still be a better value...but if this guy outperform in some way enough...it's gonna be hard to decide. Don't have any monster lights like this or T6vn...but itchy to try one!

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I 2nd that. Really curious to see what the final monster spec and configuration options end up being. Also curious to see how the performance/price ends up comparing to T6vn. Guessing T6vn will still be a better value...but if this guy outperform in some way enough...it's gonna be hard to decide. Don't have any monster lights like this or T6vn...but itchy to try one!

I hope the battery pack is big enough to cope with the output. But like you im looking for a big thrower next. T6vn appeals to me but this Thrunight sounds even better. I am watching this one with high expectations

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I hope the battery pack is big enough to cope with the output. But like you im looking for a big thrower next. T6vn appeals to me but this Thrunight sounds even better. I am watching this one with high expectations

For some reason I don't have high expectations...Probably because of little success with XHP35...But hey :)

jasaero

Newly Enlightened
For some reason I don't have high expectations...Probably because of little success with XHP35...But hey :)

Not so familiar with these so was comparing XM-L HI and XHP35 HI datasheets. Seems you need a lot more voltage and less forward current with the XHP35...but can end up with a good bit more output from slightly larger die. Could see how a 12v die LED would be causing issues finding a good driver design in multi-emitter stuff that is mostly running 3v LEDs prior. Even the XHP50 and 70 seem to allow for 6V to get you a little closer...but that seems to be related to different wiring of the multi-dies. 12v for one die is interesting....