Tofu - does it make sense?

Hacken

Enlightened
Tofu. If ever there was a food item that has absolutely zero taste, that's it. By itself it actually tastes like... nothing. I know it's a healthy food item and all that, but it's just kinda weird.

tofu is soybeans and actually it does have a taste to it. tastes more like water but it does have a taste to it.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
tofu is soybeans and actually it does have a taste to it. tastes more like water but it does have a taste to it.

Perhaps the tofu that you tried had a taste to it. My first exposure to it was as a plain white square and it truly tasted like nothing. Not water, not soy... just... nothing. It was a truly strange experience!

TorchMan

Enlightened
Tofu. If ever there was a food item that has absolutely zero taste, that's it. By itself it actually tastes like... nothing. I know it's a healthy food item and all that, but it's just kinda weird.

I tried it for the first time about a year ago. Not much flavor. It was in a dish with Chinese vegetables. I can imagine that it is absolute neutral bland by itself.

Hacken

Enlightened
Perhaps the tofu that you tried had a taste to it. My first exposure to it was as a plain white square and it truly tasted like nothing. Not water, not soy... just... nothing. It was a truly strange experience!

every tried the home made ones?.. asian stores might have it. it has a fresher taste to it then the ones you probably pick up in Pick N save or walmart.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like tofu. But like others have said, you just don't eat a block of it. You add it to things; stir fry, miso soup. Or you can coat it & fry it.