Torch for border-patrolling

Taz80

Enlightened
The OP stated that he would be patrolling the compound, which sounds like he would be walking around. He also said he needed some flood. Two lights might work out better than just one trying to do everything. It would also provide a back up. Something like the TK35ue or SRmini for the floody light and M3X or Armytek for the thrower.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I use my 7.2 to do exactly what the op wants his for,each night my myself and my neighbour take it in turns to have a quick run around the farm we live on to check all the barns and out buildings for any illegals sleeping,we also check the fencing as we have cows,sheep and horse livery on site.I have better lights such as PD32/35 etc but the 7.2 does an amazing job and battery runtime is very impressive.The 7.2 is heavily used by the blue light industry and security companies here in the UK and i bought mine on recommendation by member Ven.
Hey there chappy :nana: :) ... you know I am only kidding :)

I've been trying to wrap my head around WHY you feel so strongly that the 7.2 is great for the job. So I had to take a look at how far the PD32 and PD35 could throw. It appears that neither throws all that far, meaning the PD35 has a cd of about 10,800, and the PD32 a cd of 5950, whereas earlier I posted that the 7.2 has a cd of about 16,000 cd.

Certainly the runtime of the 7.2 can't compare to the 18650 PD's! The PDs use batteries that have 3400/800 or 4.25 times as much capacity of the 7.2.

Perhaps you should get together with ven for one evening of cooking over the barbie, and shining some lights. Maybe we'll make a poser out of you yet! :)

jestertear

Newly Enlightened
The OP stated that he would be patrolling the compound, which sounds like he would be walking around.

First of all, thanks everyone for help and suggestions. I do really appreciate.
and yes, I will be moving all the time.
Before posting, I have read as much reviews as I could (it was funny!). I was wondering about 3 – 4 torches…
Thrunite TN35, Fenix Tk75, Nitecore TM15.
I was not able to find beamshots comparison among these 3, so I'm not able to decide. The last is more expensive but I'd like the external charger. The first came at the best price (amazon) and seems to have very good spec. Fenix has body extension, very good for extra durability of batteries.
There's even the TM26 (I do not like its design, but that's an opinion), but it's hugely expensive. Could be worthwhile? Do not know.
What do you think?
Thanks a lot!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there chappy :nana: :) ... you know I am only kidding :)

I've been trying to wrap my head around WHY you feel so strongly that the 7.2 is great for the job. So I had to take a look at how far the PD32 and PD35 could throw. It appears that neither throws all that far, meaning the PD35 has a cd of about 10,800, and the PD32 a cd of 5950, whereas earlier I posted that the 7.2 has a cd of about 16,000 cd.

Certainly the runtime of the 7.2 can't compare to the 18650 PD's! The PDs use batteries that have 3400/800 or 4.25 times as much capacity of the 7.2.

Perhaps you should get together with ven for one evening of cooking over the barbie, and shining some lights. Maybe we'll make a poser out of you yet! :)

Mr Poppy will give the Fenix a whirl at my border patrolling for a week or so and relegate the LL to another job.

ven

Flashaholic
Mr mcnair/poppy and TEEJ you guys crack me up,certainly help make my CPF enjoyment greater and often a grin/smile as a side effect:)

Jester, i do have all 3 lights on your list,the tm15 is a great light,cool white tint with option of in house charging for convenience. I do really like the tm series ,its compact,nice heft to it and has a V read out via flashing power button. Great light tbh so cant say i would not get one :laughing:
(please bare in mind rubbish pics,misty night so does not show true potential but can have a little comparison)
Tree iirc is around 150m
tm15 standard 2450lm

tk75vn(this is modded by vinh to around 4400 led lumens)out the front maybe 3700-4000lm with domes on.

Dont have any pics of tn35vn but being a single mtg2 it has a neutral tint,great colour rendition.
Size wise tn35vn/tk75vn/tm15/tk61vn

Closer pic of tk75vn and tm15

Business end of the tn35vn with the huge mtg2 led

Tough to choose tbh,what is preferred UI, all 3 are different,also the tn35 is neutral over the other 2 lights which are a cool white. Maybe this may help you choose................or of course get all 3 in CPF style and rotate them:whistle:

:thumbsup:

jestertear

Newly Enlightened
Tough to choose tbh,what is preferred UI, all 3 are different,also the tn35 is neutral over the other 2 lights which are a cool white. Maybe this may help you choose................or of course get all 3 in CPF style and rotate them:whistle:

:thumbsup:

:twothumbs Yes, I suppose it'll end this way!

Thanks your images were really helpful. I'm impress by size comparison. I've not realize tm15 being so smaller than tk75!

The funniest part of all... by now I've bought three torches: a mini-one, a small and a medium. Everything but what I do really need…
I started looking cpforum to find information and I've discovered a new hobby!!!

Peace Train

Enlightened
Good to hear jestertear, keep us posted on which light works out for your particular use. It's a great group of people and a fun hobby. Welcome to the forum!

Poppy

Flashaholic
:twothumbs Yes, I suppose it'll end this way!

Thanks your images were really helpful. I'm impress by size comparison. I've not realize tm15 being so smaller than tk75!

The funniest part of all... by now I've bought three torches: a mini-one, a small and a medium. Everything but what I do really need…
I started looking cpforum to find information and I've discovered a new hobby!!!

After you make your selectionS :whistle: I'd be interested in seeing pictures of your lights in use so that we can see how well our recommendations worked out for you.

BTW... welcome to CPF ! :)