Tragically, today I lost my best friend,

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was my mother. She passed away peacefully and painlessly in her sleep. It was a long battle with cancer, and I was her only caregiver. It's so sad for someone so young and with so much life to die so early. I will love you and remember you always.
I will celebrate life for you.
My mom was a strong woman who raised two children alone and started a multi-million dollar business at the same time. I am so proud of what she accomplished, and I am also proud of her attitude and perspective when facing her mortality.

I learned a lot from my mom, but there are more things I will never know. I hope I do good enough and that she is pleased with me wherever she is now. You know I did my best.

One of her best lines was about underpaid employees, "If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys."

Now I'm getting ready to start a new phase in my life. It's time to grow up fast and be responsible. Don't have much choice.

So I am going to spend the next period greiving. I have a lot of financial stuff to take care of now, and my interest in buying flashlights is significantly lower than it was before. If I had done a better job of pre-spending my inheritance, I could have owned dozens of lights. Now the taxman cometh, and EVERYTHING I buy from now on has a perceived 47%markup. Now that's tragic. Now I really have to justify to my self purchases of anything, not just flashlights.

It's been bad. At the same time my mother was dying, her brother, my uncle, had a heart attack and was in the hospital for surgery. Double [email protected][email protected]!

If anyone wants to share any sympathy it will be appreciated, or If you want to share your own story of loss, feel free.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man i never know how to express my thoughts in threads like this but please no ya are in my thoughts

Ledean

Enlightened
I am really sorry to hear about your mother passing away.
Not everybody can say that mother is their best friend. She must have been a great lady .
My prayers to you and your family.
Ledean

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Greenlight,
It seems your loss is indeed great. Great because of the relationship you had with your mother. As you well know, she lives on and as you heal from this loss, may her special legacy in you continue the cycle. As you state, celebrate her life and that which she gave you.. Be well and strong.

ks_physicist

Newly Enlightened
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Mom in 2002.

It is a tough path to walk. The wound will ultimately heal, but the scar will remain.

Bless you and your Mom.

Jim

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried so hard to do everything I could for her, but in the end it didn't matter. We went from enjoying hot-dogs for lunch to the end in 1 week. I was at home and was able to experience the whole death and body removal process. That helped me 'see' what was happening. My brother was out with his friends and I'm sure he is freaking-out right now. Hopefully I can help include him in this and get him to come home to grieve a little, too.

Maybe we'll be able to communicate more like brothers now.

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
We're certainly "family" here for you as much as we can be. Positive thoughts, prayers, & condolences to you and your family!!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost both of my parents 3 years ago too. We were a very close family. There were only 3 of us in total...
I'm glad to hear that you were good friends with your Mother, too.

Let time be a healing agent in your grief. It's one thing that does work. :)

Last edited:

[email protected]

Flashaholic
sym123fp.jpg
]

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I am so sorry for your loss. My Mom passed 7 weeks after diagnosis, and I was also the primary care provider. I know your pain. Hope you weather the grieving process, better than I did. Not a great time, to be making important decisions. At least, not without help.

Sincerely,
oldgrandpajack

onthebeam

Enlightened
Thinking of you and your family, Greenlight. Very sorry to learn of your loss.

LouRoy

Enlightened
You are a lucky man to have been so close to your mother and to have been able to be with her in the end. I am so sorry for your loss.

Latest posts