Tragically, today I lost my best friend,

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is sad to know your Mom and best friend are gone.

It is a real blessing when a child can give care back to a parent. I'm sure the word 'important' doesn't at all capture what that meant to her.

I can't remember your age. Seems like I recall you are a young man. Are you able to handle the legal and financial stuff? Maybe when you feel the time is good, you could ask some of the experienced members for advice. Some of them are good attorney's you know. Some are financial planners and Some have been here and done this.

In any event, I am sure better and brighter days are ahead for you.

--------------------
- Jeff

bladerunner2

Newly Enlightened
Greenlight, My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sure that your Mom wishes you comfort also.

cyberhobo

Enlightened
My condolences. I too lost my mother to cancer. She was also young. I know how hard it must of been caring for your mother, I did the same with some assistance from Hospice. God bless.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
My sincerest condolences also, Greenlight. You've done the noblest of deeds in being with her and taking good care of her during her final days on this earth.

Aiming a bright light at the sky for your mother...

pw

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
i will have you and your mother in my prayers greenlight.
thankyou for posting... it has given me an oppurtunity to think about the relationship i have with my mother and how i should cherish it. thanks

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The blessing of having parents you deeply love and respect makes their loss so much harder to bear. Sympathy extended to you greenlight.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss and will have my family and friends keep you in our prayers & thoughts at this time.

Take Care,
mtbkndad

jpfaff

Newly Enlightened
I cant say anything that would make you feel different.. Except for one thing she is still your bestfriend and will always be. My mother is mine as well. Remember everytime you turn on the light she is looking down, with a smile on her face, and shaking her head... Nows a time to rejoice because shes in abetter place.. Both my mother and motherinlaw have cancer and I can relate..
Sorry, Jason
If you ever need to talk pm me and I quarantee Ill get back!!!

newo

Newly Enlightened
My sympathies. I was raised by my father, lost him ten years ago, and I am still pained by the memory. Treasure the time you had together.

I assume you know this, since you know what tax bracket your mother's estate is in, but you need some legal assistance with that size of an estate. You may also need assistance in handling your eventual inheritance. If so, this is the time find out whether or not that is so and, if so, to get it.

Do yourself a favor and, if you have not already done so, seek out an attorney practicing in your state who specializes in probate, estates, and asset protection. It may well be that this has already been handled for you, and that all you need to do now is honor your mother and to go through the grieving process. But you would be well advised to know what needs to be done estate-wise and asset-wise sooner rather than later.

Again, please accept my sympathies for your loss.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I am very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jordan, very sad to hear this. :candle: You've done a lot for her, don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Greenlight,

Please know that my best thoughts are both with you and your Mother. Life is never easy, but the great thing is that memories never say Goodbye.

And if you do not mind, I too would like to mention a loss that I suffered recently. I have been pretty much keeping it inside, but it would be nice for my to share amongst a community I greatly enjoy.

Like most people, I have online friends I have been in touch with. There is one girl I've known for five years now. Thirteen days ago, her friend whom I have talked with online, was struck by a drunk driver. She was placed on Life Support, but sadly never recovered. And the other day they let her go, to what I know is a better place.

And though I tear up as I write this, I know that her positive influence will always stay with those whose lives she touched. Myself included.

All My Best,
John

Latest posts