Tri-V Photo Thread - Share your photos!

Toolboxkid

How am I just now finding out about the tri-v's? So awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Toolboxkid

Here are photos of my Tri-V2 (#0665), with tritium vials installed by JHanko. Thanks to Jeff for the excellent craftsmanship, and to Dave for inventing such an amazing light!

There is a single white tritium vial installed in a Hanko-made flush mount button:
9O6r9eR.jpg

And six different colored vials installed on the "top" panel, in order of wavelength:
iYx5pBN.jpg

Two different expressions of light -- white and the color spectrum:
FOeALmd.jpg

A few more glamour shots:
E6TA4gs.jpg

d0eFoMa.jpg

f2InAEz.jpg

The Tri-V with lens cap, a spare set of batteries, and a cleaning cloth fits perfectly into a Hard Graft card case; the titanium clip on the end of the lanyard is perfect for opening the battery compartment:
DPOm7HZ.jpg

All packed up and ready to go:
vpjioUn.jpg

I just wanted to tell you, as I'm sure you already know. You have the most amazing example of a tri-v in existence!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

gandroiid

Hi All

I'm quite new in this awesome Forum, so please forgive if i'm asking silly Questions....

I searched for maybe an hour or so...

Where do i find the Thread or Website i could maybe order a Tri-V?

What is the Accountname of JHanko?

Who is this famous Dave, who invented or crafted this Tri-V?

What's his Accountname?

Thank you in advance for your Help.

Kind regards
Gandroiid

Launch Mini

gandroiid,
David's lights are all under the Cool Fall section of the Custom Lights section. ( i.e. where this thread is).
He only makes small batches of lights and the Tri-V2 was sold out, so no longer available from him.
I will let others comment on Famous Dave, but he has been making versions of the SPY lights ( started at SPY 005) for a long time now.
John

edit, his account name is Data

Last edited:

egrep

Hi All

I'm quite new in this awesome Forum, so please forgive if i'm asking silly Questions....

I searched for maybe an hour or so...

Where do i find the Thread or Website i could maybe order a Tri-V?

What is the Accountname of JHanko?

Who is this famous Dave, who invented or crafted this Tri-V?

What's his Accountname?

Thank you in advance for your Help.

Kind regards
Gandroiid

You can reach Jeff at [email protected]

fyrstormer

Banned
I miss my first-run Tri-V now. :( But I just couldn't justify keeping a $2000 flashlight that I couldn't safely carry with me, or use in wet and dirty conditions.

My trusty Jetbeam TC-R2 is nowhere near as sexy as a Tri-V, but it cost 1/10 as much, and after four years of unkind treatment, I haven't managed to damage it. I'll just have to make-do with looking at the pictures of the Tri-V I used to own.

lefteye219

I would have posted more pictures of my Tri-V2 but she is waiting for the new Tri-V3 to pose along!! The release is near so i guess we will have to wait...

VVilliam

Check it out! These turned out freakin' awesome Dave. It went right in my pocket, and I can't wait until tonight.

KuanR

Very nice pictures!

I'm still waiting for mine as I made a last minute emitter change and SOYCD sent the emitters to Dave. Seeing these pictures is making the wait very painful

lefteye219

Dave, the XPL flood emitter looks too darn sweet... Cannot be any more happier with the light.....