• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Trial by fire: Haiku from the ashes

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your insights Don & fyrstormer.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Go figure. I found this thred doing an image search on Trit flashlights and I saw this light and thought it looked awesome! I thought wow, Don did a rustic look Haiku, I want one. Haha, no joke. So who ever ownes this light being the way it came about getting its finish I would keep this light forever. I assume you are all ok and it can serve as a memory and proof of how badass you light is and how you survived aswell as "it" did.

fyrstormer

Banned
Go figure. I found this thred doing an image search on Trit flashlights and I saw this light and thought it looked awesome! I thought wow, Don did a rustic look Haiku, I want one. Haha, no joke. So who ever ownes this light being the way it came about getting its finish I would keep this light forever. I assume you are all ok and it can serve as a memory and proof of how badass you light is and how you survived aswell as "it" did.
If you really want one, you could buy a normal one, disassemble it, and stick the metal parts into the coals of a roaring fire. That should achieve the same temperatures as a house fire, just in a smaller space.

Barefootone

Enlightened
Wow. Spectacular story, and a typically generous offer from Don to rebuild!

The warm-fuzzies of the original CPF live on.

Darell,
I agree with you this is truly in the spirit of what CPF started like. Don and Wayne helped me out years ago when my Aleph 3 exploded and caught fire. The parts were replaced at no cost to me and I rebuilt the light.
Folks like Don, Wayne , Darell , PK and others are truly the best of what CPF is
:rock:.

BarryG

Enlightened
A bump for a great thread that may not have been read by newer members......

jemab

Enlightened
And I can report the haiku is still going strong :)

It sees daily use....

jkid1911

Enlightened
An incredible story with a great outcome for the light at least. A tribute to such a fantastic light, McGizmo!

Ekpon

Newly Enlightened
This thread made sure, I wanted a McGizmo Haiku. Not only did the titanium host survive, but Don put in the effort to rebuild the light to working condition. I can't imagine any customer service doing that!
You get, what you pay for. And here even more!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
You are so right. C/S is the best I have ever had on any product of any kind. It is reassuring every time I drop my light on the tile.

This is kind of service is hard to find these days, and it is always great to deal directly with the owner of the company, moreover, the man who designed and built your light.

Thanks Don for making our hobby very enjoyable.

Best wishes,

RL