Triple or quad 219b sw45 - what driver?

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of modifying the fw3a, I'm having a difficult time determining if I should go with a linear or fet driver and cell type. What driver is best suited for this?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a particular reason you don't want to use the factory driver? What are you hoping to gain? I'm not sure how the Icarus/H17F would work with an e switch.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FW3A is a linear+FET driver already. More specifically it has three channels FET+6(x7135)+1(x7135). All three channels are programmed to be in sync.

This is also how the H17F and Icarus driver work as well. I believe the H17F is FET+7+1. The Icarus(H18)ditches the FET is a linear driver only, it just uses multiple channels to achieve both good lows and bright highs trading cost of the driver to do so. Both the H17F and FW3A are more advanced than the Icrarus as they include both linear and FET capabilities.

Of course the big benefit of the FW3A is that it is open source and you can modify it to do what ever you want it to. It is also a non standard size-20mm with a notch out on a side as well.

If you want to use 219B you can do one of two things. Use thinner wire to reduce current or you can program the driver to throttle the FET down. Theres actually precompiled hexes from Toykeeper for 219 emitters.

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FW3A is a linear+FET driver already. More specifically it has three channels FET+6(x7135)+1(x7135). All three channels are programmed to be in sync.

This is also how the H17F and Icarus driver work as well. I believe the H17F is FET+7+1. The Icarus(H18)ditches the FET is a linear driver only, it just uses multiple channels to achieve both good lows and bright highs trading cost of the driver to do so. Both the H17F and FW3A are more advanced than the Icrarus as they include both linear and FET capabilities.

Of course the big benefit of the FW3A is that it is open source and you can modify it to do what ever you want it to. It is also a non standard size-20mm with a notch out on a side as well.

If you want to use 219B you can do one of two things. Use thinner wire to reduce current or you can program the driver to throttle the FET down. Theres actually precompiled hexes from Toykeeper for 219 emitters.
This is good stuff!

Edit: I've read to use thinner wires but I've never seen anyone specifically state how thin? 22, 24 gauge? How do we determine how thin of wires to increase resistance?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk