• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Triple v5.1 Engine - 4 Mode Pages, 8 Modes Per Page, Double Click, Faster Pins

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Following from the venerable Triple 5.0 page, this 5.1 page continues with new features, information and discussion. Subscribe here for announcements and changes. First up, Insider 75!

A) Demonstration Videos

B) Levels & Colors

v5levels.gif

red-vs-amber.png

C) Serial Number

1. Put your light into programming mode (2+2+2+ON)
2. Wait and watch the dim red light
3. Count the bright red flashes, grouped into six digits (repeats: 123456, 123456, 123456)
4. Open this page, enter the digits, and click Check:

5. Read your values on the next screen (white box shows firmware version):

D) Programming instructions

1. place your v5 into programming mode...
  2. two short flashes + off for one second, three times...
  3. on-on, pause, on-on, pause,on-on, pause, ON (2+2+2 demonstrated below)
  4. red or amber shows dim, then starts flashing
  5. load your favorite program
  6. hold your v5 light to the green square on the screen...
  7. one full green/green cycle -> until the red/amber turns off*
  8. turn your light off for 2+ seconds
  9. turn your light on and test your new configuration!
  10. * if 7 doesn't take (LED stays on), confirm dim/blinking and turn up screen brightness

(5.0 speed shown)​

NOTE: v5.1 programming is per page: load page 1 (4 pin), program page 1, load page 2, program page 2 etc.

E) 5.1 Factory Default Mode Pages

Every 5.1 ships with four configurations ready to select from with the 4 pin:

1 12345678 modes for ONE cell, with red mode and double click - XPL link or 219 link
5.1_Page_1.jpg

2 12345678 modes for TWO cells, with red mode and double click - XPL link or 219 link
5.1_Page_2.jpg

3 1234 + 1234 modes (1/2 cell dual mode groups) and double click - XPL link or 219 link
5.1_Page_3.jpg

4 High only with hidden medium (1/2 cell dual mode groups) for tactical uses - XPL link or 219 link
5.1_Page_4.jpg

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Great news, I love the changes in V5.1! When will software updates be available for V5 Boss lights?
We are working on a full upgrade program now, to launch later this year. You'll then be able to send in all eligible 5.0 for the 5.1 upgrade, including all BOSS.

jrgold

Enlightened
i'm going to jump on a 35 when it's in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Croquette

Enlightened
5.1 firmware is compatible with all 5.0 boards. So if we can access the pins, we can flash 5.1!

New BOSS 35's are finishing production in brass, copper, and aluminum.

Will we be able to upgrade ourselves with pin conntectors ? I have four lights with v5.0 but shipping them and back will not be cheap and risky ?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Will we be able to upgrade ourselves with pin conntectors ? I have four lights with v5.0 but shipping them and back will not be cheap and risky ?

The flashing process requires specialized hardware including a custom jig, custom bin files per serial number, plus a specific procedure that if it's not done under controlled conditions (including ambient temperature), some features won't work correctly. So all boards will need to be shipped in for our engineers to handle directly.

I recommend doing half at time, reducing risk and giving you spares during the process.

Croquette

Enlightened
The flashing process requires specialized hardware including a custom jig, custom bin files per serial number, plus a specific procedure that if it's not done under controlled conditions (including ambient temperature), some features won't work correctly. So all boards will need to be shipped in for our engineers to handle directly.

I recommend doing half at time, reducing risk and giving you spares during the process.

I already stress too much when I need to update windows. I will let you do it :)

When it will be available for p60 drop in, can we send the drop in only ?

Thx !

SmCaudata

Newly Enlightened
I just got my BOSS 70. When I do a S/N Check I get this returned:

371 v2.0 Light Engine

Build Date: 2020 Q2
Assembly: Kris Gr.

Program with: NXS R2

LE Hardware: 371 RES-26749 BLUE
LE Firmware: 371-372 V2.0 140520

So it says that I'm supposed to use R2 for programming? There is no R2 link on the luxRC site. When I simply change the address manually to R2 I get this: http://lux-rc.com/content/NXS/NXS_R2_setup

This is very different. Any help is apprreciated.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
This is very different. Any help is apprreciated.

Sorry for the confusion. Serial number listings contain service information and my not be decipherable for standard uses. We are working on a 5.1 programming video and I'm adding a programming section to post 1. Please use the programming page linked in section C5 above or direct your browser to http://www.oveready.com/prog/.

SmCaudata

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the confusion. Serial number listings contain service information and my not be decipherable for standard uses. We are working on a 5.1 programming video and I'm adding a programming section to post 1. Please use the programming page linked in section C5 above or direct your browser to http://www.oveready.com/prog/.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing the graphic also isn't fully correct. For the page one setting, the GUI makes it look like it cycles through 4 modes for 1 cell and 4 modes for 2 cells. Based on having the light in my hands, I'm assuming that it really cycles through all 8 before returning to the red, correct?

I'm asking because I want to try out the bounce mode but don't want to lose the current operation.

Thanks.

Edit: After looking through the PDF again I think I figured it out. I realize that the utilization of the 8 modes has to do with the 3-3-4 PIN (a per file setting).

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
After looking through the PDF again I think I figured it out. I realize that the utilization of the 8 modes has to do with the 3-3-4 PIN (a per file setting).

Correct, and sorry for the confusion. We are working on a PIN video that will explain it better. The pin is a flashlight side setting that combines the separate 4 mode configurations into a single 8 mode configuration. The web site doesn't know about this change and still only shows the 4+4 setup.