• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Triple v5.1 Engine - 4 Mode Pages, 8 Modes Per Page, Double Click, Faster Pins

RPB

Newly Enlightened
Am ready to send my Boss 35 in for the upgrade and MOFF switch. Although am in UK so I can see this getting expensive. lol

Stoneking

Enlightened
May have been answered but are Future Boss 70's in the works?

Last edited:

Stoneking

Enlightened
Are you going to go for a 70 body with MOFF or get a new head as well?
I'm hoping for a Future Boss 70 w/ MOFF so I can grab a whole new light!
I was thinking of upgrading my current 70 that never leaves my side, instead, but I really like the look of the Future.
Maybe both, because if I get a new light the old switch on my current light will probably make me stop using it after experiencing the MOFF.

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping for a Future Boss 70 w/ MOFF so I can grab a whole new light!
I was thinking of upgrading my current 70 that never leaves my side, instead, but I really like the look of the Future.
Maybe both, because if I get a new light the old switch on my current light will probably make me stop using it after experiencing the MOFF.
What LED do you have in your current BOSS? Looking at the site the Niche 219b is available in copper and brass. I've been looking to acquire a new light this year and I may be picking up a Future BOSS 70 with MOFF as well. 70's haven't been around since October of last year.

Stoneking

Enlightened
What LED do you have in your current BOSS? Looking at the site the Niche 219b is available in copper and brass. I've been looking to acquire a new light this year and I may be picking up a Future BOSS 70 with MOFF as well. 70's haven't been around since October of last year.
Mine has XP-L Redome 4500k
I've carried this light every day since some time in 2017.
Changed the switch cover a couple times and switched to the speed clip. I really want to upgrade this light. The Future Boss 70 would probably get used a whole lot less, but I really like the look.

Attachments

• 006133FF-57B7-49D1-BD78-4C8E6462FF65.jpeg
    006133FF-57B7-49D1-BD78-4C8E6462FF65.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 141

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I went with the 70 based on your recommendation a year ago and I have to say it is the perfect size. I did buy the 35 body, but it just sits in the safe. I'm torn between trying copper, brass, or titanium for a FT 70. I think it's been about a year since the last 70 was listed on the Oveready site.

Stoneking

Enlightened
Yeah I went with the 70 based on your recommendation a year ago and I have to say it is the perfect size. I did buy the 35 body, but it just sits in the safe. I'm torn between trying copper, brass, or titanium for a FT 70. I think it's been about a year since the last 70 was listed on the Oveready site.
I had a titanium and loved it, it was just too heavy for me to feel comfortable carrying it around. I feel copper and brass would be the same. I love the aluminum because it just disappears clipped inside my front pocket.

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
I had a titanium and loved it, it was just too heavy for me to feel comfortable carrying it around. I feel copper and brass would be the same. I love the aluminum because it just disappears clipped inside my front pocket.
I've always had aluminum so I have no comparison. One advantage my BOSS has over my other aluminum lights is that it is made from 7075 and my other lights are 6061. I've dropped my BOSS without any evidence left that it had hit concrete. I cannot say the same for my 6061 aluminum lights, they dent like crazy.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried running Samsung 30Q button top cells in the Boss 70?

Wondering how's fit, if 30Q button tops are too tight a squeeze on the springs and components, as there's also a flat top version of 30Q

Sony VTC6 button/flat tops are also high drain options

What 1x and 2x cells is recommended from Dan?

Thx..

Last edited: