Tritium vial installation question...

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
BTW, gunga,

$13? Quite reasonable!

I'll look into it, just need to find the time. I was hoping to find a dealer but this could work.

Did you get a chance of snagging a few NVSU233A LEDs?

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I may by next month because I had to pay my due (bills and a few stuff to test). If I do get more money this month, I may buy some this month.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
Alright, if you can send via PayPal, it will do. I will have to figure out how much it will cost to send from Montana to Vancouver once they get to me. How much LEDs do you need (and what wavelength do you want)?

Once everything is known and good to go, I will get ahold of Nichia rep and pay for the desired numbers of LEDs and bins.

EDITED: Shipment cost is going to kill me... I just figured out how much USPS shipment will cost me. Hopefully there is a way I could get it done cheaply (the problem is Canadian custom duty).

Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I will play with the shipment quote, if I can ship it cheaply, we can proceed. Whenever you want to start is up to you. Be sure to read through the NVSU233A datasheet and let me know what brightness bin and wavelength you want ordered, and I will submit the order.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
Alright, I will request for that particular bin. You can send me the Paypal detail - PM me and we will proceed. $35 for two of that LED (including shipment).

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I can order the filter if it's too late to pay me a bit more to get 'em ordered. If you don't want any purple light, then yes it's recommended to have ZWB2 filter.

EDITED: I will pay for filter separately - that's okay as I can get 'em CHEAP. The only pain is very long shipment. I got mine from Gearbest. Awaiting an answer from NIchia rep.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
Oh, I see. I may think about buying one from you at some point but as it stands, just two UV LED flashlight is good enough. It wouldn't hurt to have one more for future project.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
gunga - ordered the LEDs. Now I will have to wait for the purchase confirmation.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I have found that it is occasionally better to just transfer some ultraviolet cure adhesive to the 3cc syringe (I already emptied the Bondic glue tube into a medical syringe which I bulk purchased from Amazon for chemical storage like the solder pastes) as it's a lot easier to just press than squeeze so the amount of glue is accurately placed with tapered plastic Luer Lok tip (20 gauges opaque pink tip would work with most low and medium viscosity UV glues - YMMV, however). You will want to have Zip-loc, Luer Lok stopper (for storage), and resealable tin can or something to put it in so it doesn't cure by accident.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, did you have success using CR Laurence UV682/UV604? or other effective alternatives to Norland 61? Thanks.

Last edited: