Tritium vial source

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am definitely going to have to get in on this one. :D
Tritium is still missing from my illumination tools collection.

Phyltre

Newly Enlightened
Nice, I thought for sure the market on tritium spheres had dried up since all the threads selling them were years old. Now I'm very much looking forward to finally having a cloud of radioactive hydrogen on my keychain!

...It comes with superpowers, right? :D

By the way, when you get a supply, are you going to post in this thread or just make a new one? Any way we can get a heads-up when they finally come in? I have a birthday in February, you know.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Lol. :D
They forgot the code to unlock the superpowers, you'll have to break it... :whistle: :nana:

I still expect them in week 6, there will be a salesthread for both vials and spheres on CPFMP when they are in, I will probably open the thread Feb. 1st so people can subscribe to it. :)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol. :D
They forgot the code to unlock the superpowers, you'll have to break it... :whistle: :nana:

I still expect them in week 6, there will be a salesthread for both vials and spheres on CPFMP when they are in, I will probably open the thread Feb. 1st so people can subscribe to it. :)

:bump:

:popcorn:

:devil:

cnjl3

Enlightened

popcorn.gif

omoanya

Newly Enlightened
sorry newbie question -- how do these tritium vials work ?
I have my first light a Bitz and i would like to get one (some?)
thanks,
omo

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tritium works by leeching ions and/or lifeforce from nearby mammals. The subatomic particles are transformed into photons when consumed and excreted by a complex network of pseudo-sentient bioluminescent nanodrones. The light emitted is actually the fecal remnants of Martian-engineered, self-replicating, self-sustaining organisms. Here's an article about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium

Shao

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry newbie question -- how do these tritium vials work ?

Shao is talking about the fancy high-end units that civilians can't really get, so you don't need to worry about them. They would run into the low thousands of dollars to buy anyhow.

The ones you find mentioned here contain Tritium, which is an energetic form of Hydrogen. It loses alpha particles (Tritium is unstable) the particles fly out to the walls of the traser, hit the phosphor, knock lose photons and you see it as a glow. They are completely independent of their enviroment, no batteries, no charging, no nothing, but lose 1/2 their brightness every 12 years.

:welcome:

Last edited:

DirtyHertz

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone from Hawaii. This is my first post on your awesome forums so I hope I dont sound like too much of a noob for asking, but... Im trying to do the Nitecore (my first REAL light) EX10 trit-on-the-piston MOD. I dont know the size of Vial i need, but do know that i would like to do Blue. Does anyone know the dimensions of thevial i will need touse if i pickup thenew piston from 4sevs? :candle:

DirtyHertz

Newly Enlightened
I found the size i need, i guess its a 2mm x 8mm slot. Is there anyway i can score a vial or two from you B@rt :) . I hope im not too late.

DirtyHertz

Newly Enlightened
Totally made my day Mate. May i pre-order 3 of em? :) :) :)

Cheers.

(ps.. Do you forsee a problem with shipping these to Hawaii? )

Last edited: