Trits in a carry on bag

CMAG

Enlightened
I carry torches in my carry on bag. looked up TSA/flashlights and they are considered a non cutting tool if under 7 inches okay.

The last flight (domestic) I took I left my EDC AAA home because I was not sure if the trite vial would cause a issue but missed her

Anyone know if there is a issue with a trite vial in carry on?

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have carried lights with trits on several international flights without incident. My EDC is a Tain Ottavino AAA twisty with 1 small trit. If your lights are bigger and lit up like a Christmas tree, your mileage may vary.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
They don't confiscate watches with tritium dials etc....I don't think its on their radar. Most trits don't visibly glow if there's ambient light, and, if they DO inspect your stuff, they DO have a fair amount of ambient light, and would be unlikely to notice it.

If you had a long vial of tritium, like a few inches long, etc, loose and not part of something, I COULD see them eying a capsule of unknown glowing liquid suspiciously...but if part of something, as decoration, they'd probably not notice it as a potential source of trouble.

CMAG

Enlightened
Thanks, Tain Ottavino is the one I once left behind (strange I posted a thank you yesterday that vanished)