• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TubeVN - Best Keychain Light (Must Have)

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if you can charge these with any charger? My cell phone charger is 2.0A which would like DESTROY this thing if it charged at full strength...

Does the Tube default to a lower current?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if you can charge these with any charger? My cell phone charger is 2.0A which would like DESTROY this thing if it charged at full strength...

Does the Tube default to a lower current?

It will only pull as much power as it needs. This is a general statement, not just for the Tube. The whole point of the (micro) USB standards is that any device that uses the connector should be compatible with every other device/charger out there. There might be an exception out there somewhere, but this is not it.

The same thing is true for cells in lights...using a cell rated for high current doesn't mean that the device will actually draw that current...the driver only pulls what it needs (with some variation due to internal resistance). This is a question that comes up all the time, so I figured I'd mention that too.

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will only pull as much power as it needs. This is a general statement, not just for the Tube. The whole point of the (micro) USB standards is that any device that uses the connector should be compatible with every other device/charger out there. There might be an exception out there somewhere, but this is not it.
Excellent to hear! Think this thing would've exploded hastily at 2A...

Does anyone know the battery capacity on this light?

dave965

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first real light, an sc62w last week, and was looking for a decent keychain light. Saw this mentioned on r/flashlight, and if I'm going to start into the world of custom lights, this looks like a good start.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Are there any with opaque bodies? How many lumens for single click? I assume 78 is double-click?

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any with opaque bodies? How many lumens for single click? I assume 78 is double-click?
78 lumens is "turbo" which is double click. Single click is "low" which is 1 lumen on the stock model, I suspect 1-2 lumens on the Tubevn.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be getting one of these! Don't want to order yet as I am going to get something big and shiny for my birthday. Order both so it helps with shipping

ven

Flashaholic
I cant remember the exact date now but been a while and i topped Rach's off last night. Took maybe 30m or so and its been a while since i last topped it off. Would say the parasitic drain is quite minimal and its still working spot on. Never missed a beat at all and it has one of the hardest lives.......... on a big bunch of keys............in a handbag:faint:

badman400

Newly Enlightened
Still making/selling these?
Price info at beginning of thread accurate?
Do you have any of the Translucent Blue ones?