Tucson or Arizona gathering?

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Re: Tucson gathering-September 15th

I'll try to get something together
Any suggestions?
Anything that will be open at that hour, and is likely to have a place for us all to sit fairly close together. A place that serves food would be good, but not absolutely required, I suppose. Since we're hoping NOT to have to use it, all we really need to do is get some ideas of places to go just in case; we certainly don't need to make reservations or anything.

Empire

Banned

Anything that will be open at that hour, and is likely to have a place for us all to sit fairly close together. A place that serves food would be good, but not absolutely required, I suppose. Since we're hoping NOT to have to use it, all we really need to do is get some ideas of places to go just in case; we certainly don't need to make reservations or anything.
I know some restaurants with open fields but are WAY out of the way for most gatherers :(

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know some restaurants with open fields but are WAY out of the way for most gatherers :(
If we're hiding from the weather, we don't really care if the restaurant has open fields; we'd be using them for their covered seating area.

For instance, Waffle House would be open at that hour, and serves food, but kinda fails on the seating arrangements. Same with any other restaurant where the tables are bolted to the floor. If I manage to make it, we could use the common area of where I'll be staying; but while it does have nice group seating, it doesn't serve food. So basically, we're just looking for a restaurant that is open late, is fairly close by, and has tables we can move.

Last edited:

Empire

Banned

If we're hiding from the weather, we don't really care if the restaurant has open fields; we'd be using them for their covered seating area.

For instance, Waffle House would be open at that hour, and serves food, but kinda fails on the seating arrangements. Same with any other restaurant where the tables are bolted to the floor. If I manage to make it, we could use the common area of where I'll be staying; but while it does have nice group seating, it doesn't serve food. So basically, we're just looking for a restaurant that is open late, is fairly close by, and has tables we can move.
Your hotel has empty ballrooms,meeting rooms?

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast

1. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it, but that should get cleared up today.
  2. I said "common area," not "ballroom" or "meeting room." There's a difference.
  3. If I can attend, I'll ask about the possible availability of meeting rooms.
  4. This is only a back-up plan that we hope we don't have to use, and the fact that there is no food service makes it less attractive than us descending upon a restaurant like a cloud of hungry locusts. Even if meeting rooms ARE available, I will not be reserving one.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update:

I will be there!
I will be bringing a flashoholic friend (another long-time member and modder who may or may not choose to identify himself beforehand. I don't know why he wouldn't want to, but in case he doesn't, I'm not spoiling his surpise).
I confirmed with the venue that, if the weather gets nasty, we are all welcome to use their common area inside, which has plenty of seating, some tables, and lots of elbow room (and, the last time I was there, a billiard table). Keep in mind that we'd have to get food elsewhere, either by bringing it with us, or by calling out for delivery.

I'll bring some different lights from what I brought to the Phoenix GT, along with some that Empire will recognize. I'm not certain yet what all the bag o' lights will contain.

Empire

Banned

Update:

I will be there!
I will be bringing a flashoholic friend (another long-time member and modder who may or may not choose to identify himself beforehand. I don't know why he wouldn't want to, but in case he doesn't, I'm not spoiling his surpise).
I confirmed with the venue that, if the weather gets nasty, we are all welcome to use their common area inside, which has plenty of seating, some tables, and lots of elbow room (and, the last time I was there, a billiard table). Keep in mind that we'd have to get food elsewhere, either by bringing it with us, or by calling out for delivery.

I'll bring some different lights from what I brought to the Phoenix GT, along with some that Empire will recognize. I'm not certain yet what all the bag o' lights will contain.
That's GREAT Cyclops942
Can you post an address?
PS: I think I know who you are talking about but I won't spoil it :D

Empire

Banned

If we need it, I'll let you know. It's about 3 miles from the park.

I'll be arriving in town Friday night, so I'll have plenty of time to gauge the weather, and make a post if we need to change the venue.
Prometheus alpha is SOLD
now I have money to buy your stuffs

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast

Prometheus alpha is SOLD
now I have money to buy your stuffs
Wait... what? I'm bringing stuff to sell? I thought I was bringing stuff just to show it around. Now I have to re-think what I'm bringing. :huh:

Now I'm all confused... I've never thought about SELLING part of my collection before... :eek:

Empire

Banned

Wait... what? I'm bringing stuff to sell? I thought I was bringing stuff just to show it around. Now I have to re-think what I'm bringing. :huh:

Now I'm all confused... I've never thought about SELLING part of my collection before... :eek:
Yep
I am definitely buy some stuff

bstrickler

Enlightened

Really sorry guys....... :( I'm not gonna make it. Have fun

Sorry to hear that, Empire.

I'm getting my hotwire ready and fully charged (only ran it off quick charges, not full charges).

Anyone have any ideas on what they'd want me to bring? Due to work, I haven't had time to check the forum much (just finished a 6 10 hour days). I'll be requesting the night of the 15th off, so I'll be free the whole night, should anyone decide to hit up any other places (a fun one might be Mount Lemmon, if anyone's got the time or lights that can reach. I know a spot off of Windy Vista that is great for testing how well a light throws.)

Empire

Banned

Sorry to hear that, Empire.

I'm getting my hotwire ready and fully charged (only ran it off quick charges, not full charges).

Anyone have any ideas on what they'd want me to bring? Due to work, I haven't had time to check the forum much (just finished a 6 10 hour days). I'll be requesting the night of the 15th off, so I'll be free the whole night, should anyone decide to hit up any other places (a fun one might be Mount Lemmon, if anyone's got the time or lights that can reach. I know a spot off of Windy Vista that is great for testing how well a light throws.)
Ah man, Yeah. My charger for my only light got ripiped off of me

Empire

Banned
Re: ARIZONA, Tucson G.T. , 9/15/2012 At: 6:00PM

To make it WORSE, I hear my wallet trying to run away whenever I say "buy" and "light" :D

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really sorry guys....... :( I'm not gonna make it. Have fun
Wait... what?

Dude... your enthusiasm is part of what made me want to come (but I'm coming now, even if you do have to bail on us)! If you're not coming just because you feel you won't have any lights to show off, then put that idea right out of your head, and drag your sorry carcass out to the park! If there are other reasons (and I'm not trying to pry), then okay, but know that we'll miss you.

Empire

Banned

Wait... what?

Dude... your enthusiasm is part of what made me want to come (but I'm coming now, even if you do have to bail on us)! If you're not coming just because you feel you won't have any lights to show off, then put that idea right out of your head, and drag your sorry carcass out to the park! If there are other reasons (and I'm not trying to pry), then okay, but know that we'll miss you.
I have some family problems which will affect it.
I have some GREAT lights to bring and I will try. I WILL TRY TO DRAG MY *** DOWN THERE.!!

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wait... what?

+1 . You have been a part of the enthusiasm here. Really hope you will make it.