TW4 with LIons, ROCK!

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The power of the L4, in 2/3s the size! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifTactical Warehouse knew what they were doing!

scudinc

Enlightened
I must be the only one, but I really don't notice the difference that the extra cell makes. I also don't notice the difference in size between the L2 and the L4. Maybe I should start wearing tighter-fitting clothing (if such a thing is possible).

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure what's the run time, supposed to be regulated for 20mins. I'm using moephius's LIons. 700mAh, unprotected charged in a nano

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
How floodish is a new KL-4? with all the updating SF has been doing I wonder if they added some throw to it that doesn't get washed out from the flood. Love to mount one on a vital gear FB-1. anyone know? VDG

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL4 of less than a month ago has a very slightly tighter spot than my unit of 2 years ago. In fact, two new units are identical. But the difference is extremely slight. Visible, yes. Practically useful, no.

Wilkey

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the results of a test I did recently.

Runtime with the E1e + KL4 (TW4 combo) with a R123 (4.2V)from batterystation.

Runtime to 50% = 27 minutes (It started its decline around the 18 minute mark)

Runtime to rapid flickering = 40 minutes (about 5-10 lumens at this point)

Runtime to shutdown = After 53 minutes (at about 2-3 lumens) It seemed it was going to stay at this level for a while so I got bored and ended the test. You could easily use it at this level (even with the rapid flickering) to walk in a dark room and get some fresh batteries. At this point I put the R123 in my Q-III and it fired right up. Still plenty of juice to run a Lux III.

Hope this info was helpful!

Jeff

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
Is the R123 with under voltage protection?

Did u measure the voltage of the batt right after shutdown?

I have a TW4 and am using it with a unprotected R123 but always charge once the light dims. I have heard that the KL4 will not overdischarge a lion but have not heard of a confirmation.

27min to 50% output on a 700mah batt is not bad!!!

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TW4 will not over discharge a Li-ion battery. When it reachs a couple of lumens output, the battery is at about 2.6V~2.7V and can hang out there for quite a while giving out a lumen or two.

Jeff

Mednanu

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said: TW4 with LIons, ROCK!....Tactical Warehouse knew what they were doing!

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, yes indeed they do rock. I've been kicking myself ever since I sold my first TW4 a long time ago. I've since gotten a new L4 but it seems that all the reasonable deals on e1e bodies disappeared right after I sold mine ( SF went brick & mortar within weeks of the sale of my original TW4 ). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif I sure would like to pick up another e1e body somewhere and convert my L4 again, though.