• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

U2 / HD 45 picture

ianb

Enlightened
If anyone has both of these lights (U2 and HD 45) and a camera I'd love to see a comparison of them, or HD 45 against something else I've seen in real life SF L6, SL Propoly 4aa.
thanks, Ian B

Kiessling

Flashaholic
HD-LineUp.jpg

This is the only one I got right now.

Comparing the HD45 to the U2 ... the HD45 is slightly longer, about the same body diameter, and the head is much wider.

bernie

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Thanks Will :eek:

it was good fun doing them (who doesn't like to play with lights? ;)) and I'm always happy when folks find them useful :)

Last edited:

G-2

Enlightened
This flashlight is an absolute treat to use, it's rugged, practical and goes in a pack easily, it does well under water, though Don doesn't recommend it. If you don't have one, get one, they can be found at the sandwich shoppe.

McGismoHD458x6.jpg

ianb

Enlightened
Thats perfect, thanks all for great shots! Always nice to see loads of pictures in one thread to reference again in future :) , Somy Nex great beamshots :D, nothing like them for a real world comparison.
G2, I am waiting for Lux 5 to be delivered this week :D can't wait,
thanks, Ian B

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
Anyone know how to order an HD 45 5w from the Shoppe? I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Cindy replied via email saying more available this past Monday. Eager for this light. Thanks.

Fringe

Enlightened
Should be in the completed build Aleph section.

And you should be, it is a great performer. As I said before, I will never relinquish mine. Now I want the 5W to complete the circle

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm....I just checked the Shoppe and I can't seem to find the 5W HD45 anymore. :thinking:

When I bought mine, it was right there.....right under the 3W version in the "Completed Assemblies" section.

sgt253 said:
Anyone know how to order an HD 45 5w from the Shoppe? I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Cindy replied via email saying more available this past Monday. Eager for this light. Thanks.

ianb

Enlightened
Wave particle, great picture, never too late :) Would have been a perfect comparison though as I was selling a U2 to get my HD 45.
I've got mine(5 watt) now so am not so feverish to know all about them, its really growing on me, a great light.
sgt253 I guess they go real fast when they come in, when I ordered mine it was in the completed assemblies section, when I checked a couple of days after they'd all gone! they seem to be very popular.
Ian B