UK MEET ON SOUTH COAST - WEST SUSSEX HERE WE COME!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
To all CPFers in the South of England ( or those willing to travel ) I extend an invitation to an amateurish Barbecue and a chance to show off those throwers by the seaside. Or if the tide is high, the flooders too!

5038664662_120c34ca01_o.jpg

The date is Saturday the 17th September.

The venue is near Chichester on the South Coast, West Sussex. Nearest station is Chichester, a taxi ride away.

I have a limited number of rooms. but ample parking and tenting space, PM me for details. You'll need to bring sleeping bags or tents as appropriate. Food to be decided, bring drink and battery chargers. Swimming costumes also a seasonal possibility! (IPX 8 standard of course)

Same venue as our meet last Autumn ( see here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?294250-UK-recent-meet-Autumn-2010&daysprune=-1)

Interest so far:

Blue led
remoteneeded
petrev
Jay R
Subwoofer
Orb
cdosrun

I'll post more info later.

Post and PM please.

Last edited:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested too :)

but as I'm only about an hour away I won't be staying.

Is this your second home, or a rented holiday home?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
The very earth of my being, literally, a tear in the fabric of the space/time continuum, just an old country shack, a place where lumens happen and spiders quake in fear.

Er...it's just a place where we go, it has a roof and some walls and a telly, most of the mattresses work, it's like the 21st Century is still fifty years away, and time stands still.

(Geez, what is wrong with me on Tuesday afternoons?)

Glad that you're coming, I must talk air pistols with you at some stage.

Cheers.

bizzel

Newly Enlightened
Any chance a complete greenhorn like myself could come along? I'm planning to do some DIY projects in the future involving LED flashlights so seeing some of the equipment that's already out there would be extremely useful. I don't have much equipment to bring but I would of course contribute to costs/drinks/food and I can provide some electronics knowledge if anyone else is into DIY.

Paul

Sarlix

Enlightened
I am looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to it

Heck I'm looking forward to it and I'm not even going!

The very earth of my being, literally, a tear in the fabric of the space/time continuum, just an old country shack, a place where lumens happen and spiders quake in fear.

This alone is nearly enough for me to brave the seven seas (well the Solent) and come.....but not quite.

Have fun!!!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was swimming in the Solent only the other day. Quite warm, but filled with grass clippings. No easy explanation!

We will post piccies of the sea and the bravery therein.

JacobJones

Enlightened
My first chance to go to a cpf meet and my HID Cyclops Thor is broken, always the way isn't it. never mind, maybe next time.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could bring my gold plating stuff if anyone wants something gold plated ? I can only do small stuff and I had some great results with Lummi NS lights, tea spoons, leatherman tools, coins and other stuff though some stainless steel doesn't take well no matter what I do so no guarantees.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was swimming in the Solent only the other day.

That's funny, I was swimming off Bournemouth beach the other day not far from the Solent. First time I have ever been swimming off the coast in England and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was in for an hour and only felt cold when I came out into the wind.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the sea is great around there, but we normally wear those surfing suits, like wetsuits cut short - great for buoyancy and keeping out the cold.

Watch out for those weaverfish in the shallows though.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Low tide on the 17th should be around 19:00hrs - so it'll be twilight then and dark within the hour or so. Great for torchlit walks along the beach - we will try not to frighten the fish!

bizzel

Newly Enlightened
Despite registering interest earlier I'm not going to be able to attend. Sorry to mess you all around but I noticed that the date will come to close to my house move in September. Maybe I'll catch you all another time when I have some more gear to bring along.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only just under a week to go, weather a bit unpredictable - hopefully the gales from Katia will not impinge us on their way.

Barbecue still the plan - I'll buy stuff next Saturday morning - send me your requests. Or bring some stuff - not vast amounts as we always have food left over.

If the weather is foul, we can go of to a pub or a take away - tbc on the day.

I'll send out the address on a PM or text later this week.

See you later.

Welcome to Wallmart.

Latest posts