Ultimate TRI EDC Brass Now Shipping!

d13avo

Enlightened
Re: Ultimate TRI EDC Brass Now Available!

Hi I am tempted to get one of these. Has anyone got some pictures of the different LED's and also what's the OTF Lumens per different LED?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beautiful work Matt! Looks great, feels good in hand, the mode spacing is excellent, and it's bright!

And no clip holes :)

20171005_171431.jpg

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened

Here are a few shots for size comparison.

6fr6Y6H.jpg
[/IMG]

3dv45FN.jpg
[/IMG]

9Ir5piw.jpg
[/IMG]

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you all so much for the kind words!!! It really means a lot.

Those of you who now have this light if you would like to leave feedback on Youtube in addition to CPF that would be much appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlvfbx8wEwk

Hi I am tempted to get one of these. Has anyone got some pictures of the different LED's and also what's the OTF Lumens per different LED?

Here are the 3 tints side by side. V3 1B, V3 3A, Nichia 219C

Just now I tested a random sample of each of the 3 for output at 30 seconds
V3 1B=1536 lumen
V2 3A=1454 lumen
219 90 cri=1010 lumen

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got mine and it's beautiful!

Honestly, I didn't expect to like it. On paper and in photos it appears large and heavy, especially for a 14500 light. Surprisingly (to me) in hand it's super comfortable and the way the body is machined it feels much thinner than it looks. The 14500 also does wonders for weight reduction, for a solid brass light it's much lighter than expected. The machine finish is really cool, I cant wait for some patina to develop.

The tint of the 219c is beautiful of course, I do plan on installing a 10511 Carlco to minimize artifacts. The bezel seems to bee deeper than needed functionally, but aesthetically it makes sense. The machining is impeccable! Threads are wonderfully smooth and the grip rings are sharp enough to aide in grip but flat enough to be unnoticeable and comfortable. I cant describe how good the machining and build quality is. there's some $350+ custom triples that are put to shame by this.

Clip is Oveready, cant ask for more. Tail switch seems to protrude a tad more than it should, it tailstands, but a dropppp wobbly. Great tactile feedback on the switch! Just the right amount of travel and click. The custom driver is really neat and Guppydrv is great. I would prefer something more programmable like Luci2 but Program #18 is good enough for me. Came with a bonus Christian tract which was weird but OK :shrug: Gotta respect a man that is passionate about his beliefs.

Other than the switch boot height (about a mil or two off) this light is pretty much perfect. I'd love another one with a titanium body & bezel and a copper heatsink. Would be even lighter but perform better with regards to thermal management. should look good too.

All I can say is congrats Matt! Your foray into the world of custom EDC lights is a resounding success :party: and a steal at the price. I cant wait to see what else you come up with,

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

... I'd love another one with a titanium body & bezel and a copper heatsink. Would be even lighter but perform better with regards to thermal management. should look good too....

Please let me know when this is coming out ...[emoji14]

d13avo

Enlightened

Thank you all so much for the kind words!!! It really means a lot.

Those of you who now have this light if you would like to leave feedback on Youtube in addition to CPF that would be much appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlvfbx8wEwk

Here are the 3 tints side by side. V3 1B, V3 3A, Nichia 219C

Just now I tested a random sample of each of the 3 for output at 30 seconds
V3 1B=1536 lumen
V2 3A=1454 lumen
219 90 cri=1010 lumen

Thank you for all the info. I am even more confused now [emoji23] I want all three. Choices, choices.

Zandar

Enlightened

This is just a great light especially for the price. And the best part is it's 100% Wimmer tested and approved, so you know it's a quality light. Buy with confidence, , Yes I do own one and I love it! Thanks Matt!

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is just a great light especially for the price. And the best part is it's 100% Wimmer tested and approved, so you know it's a quality light. Buy with confidence, , Yes I do own one and I love it! Thanks Matt!

:laughing: and no animals were harmed during testing.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got mine a couple of days ago and posted several places, just not here. So checking in to say mine's awesome and I love it. Been carrying it exclusively for a couple of days now. Its a great "edc" size and a beautiful light, impeccably made. I love it.

Mine does already have a couple of mods, just cause I can't leave well enough alone :) I swapped a 10511 optic in, just my personal preference, and I built a lighted two-color tailcap for it (orange/white). Its a great light.

CeO1rHy.jpg

b7MqDje.jpg

TnuP4zw.jpg

yuQeeYO.jpg

m3RDYq0.jpg

jBLnpUo.jpg

d13avo

Enlightened
Are these still available as I have been trying to purchase but unable? Have sent messages but have had no response.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have another go, maybe with a different browser.
I just went to the link on the first post as was able to add it to my cart no problem.
P

d13avo

Enlightened
Been trying all over the weekend and messaged sports flashlights. I can add to cart and go all the way to payment. Select PayPal and it states there's a problem with my address. I selected international priority at $46. Are these not available to me who resides in the UK

d13avo

Enlightened
All sorted now, Matt was very kind in responding and giving me his direct paypal information. All paid and cannot wait to receive this great looking flashlight.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your patience. Another person reported a cart issue this year as well. I still have not been able to figure out what the hang up is. I do appreciate you letting me know.

d13avo

Enlightened
Please could someone help. My light has started only showing two light levels. I have tried the eight clicks but it does not seem to want to enter programming mode. Is there a way to reset to default?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will assist you. If you can't get into programing mode by 8 fast clicks try doing 9. Sometimes the I think the driver can misread this action so throwing an extra in for good measure can often gain you access. Timing can be hard to get just right some times.

d13avo

Enlightened
Thank you for that all sorted. I don't know why it changed in the first place unless it was my eight year old daughter. She likes my flashlights and plays with my HDS so she may of put it into programming mode and changed it.