ultra G or infinity ultra which is brighter?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Ultra G and from what I have heard and seen, the G is slightly brighter, but only by a very small amount. If you want a G, you better hurry because they are not made anymore.

TomH

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
socom1970 said:
If you want a G, you better hurry because they are not made anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding one now. Both online stores that carried them are now out-of-stock, and with no more being made, unless they find a stash in a warehouse, eBay is probably your best bet.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the information I have seen indicates they are basically the same as far as light output is concerned. You can still get them from CountyComm.com, but you have to buy an Inova T3 to get one. Find it here.

formicae

Newly Enlightened
My Ultra G is actually slightly dimmer than my silver Ultra; I think it's just luck of the draw.

greenLED

Flashaholic
cornkid, yes, Ultra G has is HA

I have both and can't see a difference, except that the Ultra G LED is more crooked than the regular version.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
I've got three Ultra Gs and a half dozen of the Gerber Ultras. Can't tell a hill of beans difference in the beams/brightness. Regardless - I prefer the Ultra G for its HA and coolness factor.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
No diff other then the usual led lotto. my CMG is brighter by a bit then my 2 G's. VDG

paulr

Flashaholic
Not only are they both about the same, but if you're looking for a very bright light, the Infinity series is just not the right light for you. They are designed to be just bright enough, not to be as bright as possible. If you want a much brighter (and more expensive) 1AA light, wait for the new LRI Proton. Otherwise, try a 123-powered light like an Aleph, Firefly, Nuwai Q3, or whatever.

mike101

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
They are designed to be just bright enough, not to be as bright as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

But with much longer runtime.

paulr

Flashaholic
Mossyoak, these lights are just fine for finding keyholes. They're a little larger than I feel like EDC'ing, but that's just a matter of preference.

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
mossyoak said:
im just lookin for a edc for non tactical (reading finding key holes) everyday use

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you'll find the original Infinity to fit your bill. The Inf.Ultra is a bit too bright to read with IMO.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some readings for mine:

Spot @ 1 meter:
<ul type="square">[*]Ultra G #1 - 15 lux
[*]Gerber Ultra - 17 lux
[*]Ultra G #2 - 20 lux[/list]
Overall using a lightbox similar to that used at flashlightreviews.com
<ul type="square">[*]Ultra G #1 - 187 lux
[*]Gerber Ultra - 168 lux
[*]Ultra G #2 - 231 lux[/list]
For me, if I had to choose, it would be based on whether I wanted the HAIII of the G model and whether I could find one, assuming I didn't want the Inova deal at CountyComm.

stockae92

Enlightened
i like the G for the HA
but either version will get the job done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif