ULTRA-LUX PR-26650 SST-90 Stainless Steel and Brass

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: ULTRA-LUX PR-26650 SST-90 Stainless & Brass

How to improve on the already beautiful copper/brass hybrid? Change the body to a copper Dragon 2 X 26500 and then fit an MT-G2 L.E for a screaming 3000+ lumens. Twice as bright as the SST-90!! :eek:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice Daniel! :) How does the light feel with the extended body? Is it now your heaviest light?

easilyled

Flashaholic

Very nice Daniel! :) How does the light feel with the extended body? Is it now your heaviest light?

Thanks Dave. :)

I think it was already my heaviest light, apart from my Olight SSR-90, and that hasn't changed! Honestly, I can't feel too much difference in weight with the longer body, partly because the brass head itself being very thick walled is the heaviest part of the light.

I like the proportions better with the larger body as I think the copper and brass ratio looks more balanced.

The amount of light that comes out of it needs to be seen to be believed and the large reflector does a good job of focussing the MT-G2. The beam shape itself is almost identical to that with the SST-90, only still much brighter.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also think the proportions look nice. It's too bad I don't live in the UK. I'd love to see the light in action, in person! :)

Who made the MT-G2 LE?

easilyled

Flashaholic

I also think the proportions look nice. It's too bad I don't live in the UK. I'd love to see the light in action, in person! :)

Who made the MT-G2 LE?

If you ever come to the UK, you must look me up. Otherwise hopefully I'll see you in the US one of these days!
Check your emails. ;)

easilyled

Flashaholic

Wow. Love the MT-G2 and the host is pretty spectacular for sure.

Thanks. I have to agree that its really beautiful to look at as well as putting out a nice balanced beam with an amazing output.

Chris (of TNC) made the MT-G2 module and all I had to do was to remove the glass window and reflector and then unscrew the SST-90 module and replace it with the MT-G2 module. These modules are very beefy and made of brass and they screw from the head downwards towards the throat of the light. I would expect that heat dissipation is excellent because the screw-threads are fine and lock the module in very tightly. When the heat is transferred to the head and body, there is a massive (literally) amount of brass and copper to absorb it.

Last edited: