Ultrafire 3 W mods?

Turbo_E

Enlightened
well i just recieved my 2 14500 lithium 3.6V AA size batteries from eBay and slapped on into my ultrafire 3W AA.

WOW is it bright! easily takes #1 spot in my small size flashilight collection.

#1 for the big boys is still the 4X U bin luxIII Modded Mag :D

now, has anyone put a t Bin luxIII into the ultrafire yet? I tried before and the results were not so good on a ni-mh AA. seemed underdriven.

you thoughts?

Anders

Enlightened
No Randy, i own one of theese, two AA.
But the current with two NI-MH isn't good enough for the LED, it is underdriven and the output is bad.

Anders

Turbo_E

Enlightened
i stuffed one of thes batteries in a cheapo 8LED china flashlight. WOOwee, my eyes are bleeding :D

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
Anders said:
No Randy, i own one of theese, two AA.
But the current with two NI-MH isn't good enough for the LED, it is underdriven and the output is bad.

Anders

uh well Anders, FYI... there are quite a few different ultrafire models.

If OP is indeed a 2 AA model, then it is not spec'ed for two rechargeable AA @ 4.2 each fresh off the charger and OP runs the risk of blowing the regulation and/or the LED.

Last edited:

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
Turbo E are those rechargeable 14500's? Did they come with a charger if they are? Who was the seller or would you have a link to some like you got on ebay?

Turbo_E

Enlightened
yeah they are rechargeable and came with a charger got em off ebay. Dae sells them, but only on his wholeasale site.

ebay link: HERE
44_1_b.JPG

mine came with a 220V plug, but i just switched the plug for a standard 120V one and it works fine. the charger is rated for 120-220v

side note the ultrafire is a 1 AA, and so is the 8 LED unit. both get pretty warm fast, so i didnt run them for any great length of time.

Last edited: