Ultrafire Cree-T6 with 2X18650A from EBay, how to load?

rknobbe

Newly Enlightened
Stupid newbie question: which end of the battery goes in first?!

My vocabulary is probably laughable, so I'll try to be as descriptive as I can. Feel free to educate me on flashlight anatomy.

I've tried inserting the dual 18650A batteries both ways, with no luck. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if the flashlight is a dud.

No-name 18650A batteries with stripe/button on one end and flat on the other. Flashlight body has a contact spring on the lens end (which is surprising to me, most lights I've seen have the spring on the tail end). Clicky-cap end has a spring-loaded button contact.

Do I load the batteries with the flat end against the frontend/lens, or striped/button end against the frontend/lens?

välineurheilija

Enlightened
But if you have allready inserted the batteries the wrong way,there is a possibility that you have fried the electronics :(

rknobbe

Newly Enlightened
OK, got the batteries in correctly. Thanks for the help. I bought the light with 4 batteries (rechargeables, so two spares). Looks like two of the batteries are bad, but it took me cycling through ALL the combinations to figure out which are good :)

Not wild about this light, though. It has electronics that cycle through power levels, fast/slow strobe, and SOS. I wanted a cheap basic light, and ended up getting a cheap complicated light with a borderline flaky switch.

Can anybody recommend a cheap basic 2X18650 BRIGHT clicky light?