Unknown WWII Era Manufactuer

Durandal

Newly Enlightened
Unknown WWII Era Manufacturer

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so i just want to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Fletcher, and I'm actually a collector of WWII Militaria, but i happen to also have a passion for the TL-122 series of flashlights used by the US Military during that conflict. My collection is starting to really flesh out, and I recently came across a strange variation I've never seen before.
Before I actually ask my question, let me apologize for coming on here and throwing up a question as my first post! I'm not sure if there is somewhere else i could be finding this info, and I've scoured the internet looking for it but haven't been able to turn up anything.
The flashlight i want to ask you about is marked as being made by "Lights Inc., Springfield, Ohio". It is a TL-122D model, which indicates that it was made toward the end of the war, and after examining some of its components I've actually started to wonder if it is a post-war reproduction (though I've never heard of anyone repro-ing the 122D). Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across anything made by Lights Inc. of Springfield Ohio?

Thanks everyone,
Fletcher J

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
Re: Unknown WWII Era Manufacturer

I have not. It does seem like "Lights Inc." is an awfully modern name. A lot of materiel for the war was made by retooled commercial factories. I seem to recall that the nearby Frigidaire plant made machine guns!

Durandal

Newly Enlightened

It does seem quite modern doesn't it? I was thinking that maybe it is an abbreviation, must has flashlights made by Brightstar Battery Company were simply marked "Brightstar"

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Welcom to CPF!

I'm afraid I can't help you.... except to perhaps mention that one of the sub-forums on this site is a "Collector's Corner." One of the CPF Regulars there might be of more help. Not trying to do any back-seat modding, just an idea. Been my experience that most CPFers are helpful, mature individuals. I think you'll like it here.

Durandal

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the tip, monocrom. I'll see how things go here and then maybe throw a post up in that subforum!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Durandal, welcome to CPF!

In addition to checking out the flashlight collecting section of this board, if you haven't already, you might want to check out flashlightmuseum.com. As I recall, they specialize in antique/collectible flashlights, and have information that goes waaaay back. Flashlightmuseum is also a member of CPF, so you could probably contact him through this board via private mail as well.

Good luck in your search.

Durandal

Newly Enlightened

Durandal, welcome to CPF!

In addition to checking out the flashlight collecting section of this board, if you haven't already, you might want to check out flashlightmuseum.com. As I recall, they specialize in antique/collectible flashlights, and have information that goes waaaay back. Flashlightmuseum is also a member of CPF, so you could probably contact him through this board via private mail as well.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks for the tips flashfan. I have already looked through the flashlight museum, but i will be sure to PM the member and ask him. I'm going to go post this question in the collecting section and see if i can dig up anything else.

Fletcher

Durandal

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I already posted this thread once in the general disucssion forum, but people suggested i might have more luck here. I'll just take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Fletcher, and I'm actually a collector of WWII Militaria, but i happen to also have a passion for the TL-122 series of flashlights used by the US Military during that conflict. My collection is starting to really flesh out, and I recently came across a strange variation I've never seen before. The flashlight is marked as being made by "Lights Inc., Springfield, Ohio". It is a TL-122D model, which indicates that it was made toward the end of the war, and after examining some of its components I've actually started to wonder if it is a post-war reproduction (though I've never heard of anyone repro-ing the 122D). Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across anything made by Lights Inc. of Springfield Ohio?

Thanks everyone,
Fletcher J