• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired $urefire C head 1x26500 & 2x26500

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelliR6

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:
#14 (2x26500) = 65
#15 (1x26500) = 58
Shipping to CONUS = 6
Paypal fee 6%
Total = 134.16:grin2:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, how about some pictures of your setups?

I am seriously interested in those bodies but I am not quite sure what to attach to it. I was thinking a M3 head (with a Surefire C/M adapter from a KL3) and a Lumen Factory LA.

Eric

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Here's a good one from Justin Case:

FiveMega2xC2xIMR-C1xIMR-C.jpg

Jay T

Enlightened
Guys, how about some pictures of your setups?

Eric

With a stock D26 Head, I thinks it looks a little strange with that lil head.
before.jpg

So I installed a Cabelas / GP mini turbo head with a Lumens factory HO-R5. And I think it looks a lot better.
after.jpg

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures. The 6P head indeed doesn´t look too good. I prefer the head to be at least a littler bigger in it´s diameter than the body. The turbo heads look great on those bodies!

Eric

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures. The 6P head indeed doesn´t look too good. I prefer the head to be at least a littler bigger in it´s diameter than the body. The turbo heads look great on those bodies!

Eric

You can always get the LF Seraph D36 head and the IMR-9L lamp, works great.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have 1 spare head so for now a very simple combo - Malkoff M60 with1 of the old Aw C cells, no clicky just a twisty.
I had a thought , should be fairly easy to turn a cheap solarforce head into a Mag C adapter...

1C26500.jpg

cenz

Enlightened
I only have 1 spare head so for now a very simple combo - Malkoff M60 with1 of the old Aw C cells, no clicky just a twisty.
I had a thought , should be fairly easy to turn a cheap solarforce head into a Mag C adapter...

Hi Chodes,

How is your C cell "twisty" tail-cap, how do you do that?

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chodes,

How is your C cell "twisty" tail-cap, how do you do that?

About 2/3rds of a Mag C spring (the bottom 2/3rds!) It just sits loose on the mclicky adapter but does not have much room to move to cause any problems. It would be fairly easy to permanently attach to the clicky adapter if you wanted to.

FM advised somewhere in this sales thread that a slighlty modified C spring would allow twisty function.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have McClickies on order from Lighthound, but am using my 1x26500 as a twisty in the meantime.

Easy-peasy.

You just unscrew the switch retaining plate, install a spring from a broken cheap 3AAA torch (you all have one) and screw down the plate back over the spring.

The torch only makes contact at the rim, so backing the tailcap a quarter-turn turns it off.

A temporary twisty.

cenz

Enlightened
thanks lctorana and Chodes!

I found a local spring shop, there are many types / shapes of spring and cheap.

3738835202_ac948fdc85_o.jpg

3738835192_271d556cd9_o.jpg

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a good one from Justin Case:

FiveMega2xC2xIMR-C1xIMR-C.jpg

The top flashlight uses a Black KT1, AW Turbo Tower with a 4P MC-E and a GD1000 driver, and 2xAccupower C NiMH cells. I picked the GD1000 driver because it gives me the flexibility also to run with 3xNiMH or 1xLi-ion in full regulation (I have a 3-C cell FM body if I want to use 3xNiMH). Also, the body is FM's first iteration of his C cell, SF head and tail threaded bodies. It doesn't fit the IMR C cells.

The middle light uses an HA KT1, AW Turbo Tower with an SSC P4 U2SWOH-bin and an SOB1000, and 2xIMR26500.

The bottom light uses an SF anti-roll bezel, Malkoff M30, and 1xIMR26500.

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was more concerned about the switch as the previous version was not very resistant to water entry

Just to clarify that these are water resistance and not water proof and/or submesible.
This IMR version have different switch cover which is seatting deeper/tighter in tail cap groove so is more reliable to stop water drops and moisture into flashlight body.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be honest, I don't know how you get the rubber switch cover out for the tail. It seems like it is in there good.

Fivemega;

How do you get the rubber switch boot cover out if it needs to be changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.