Sold/Expired $urefire C head, "C" cell Body, Clickie Tail Switch

LIGHTSMAD

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
You can use this great FM 1794 bulb in two ways with big cells like C size and 18650

after speaking with fivemega I have concluded theres only two options for a good ten hours of 600 lumens out of a FM 1794

Never touch it by the way..you oily skin will burn it out.

1 An Aw soft Start. 49$.

2 if not using a soft start FM INSISTS you NOT charge your black AW LiCo cells above 4.10 (and MDOCOD says this extends battery life)

fresh off the charger at 4.19 volts x2 on a big cell will 99% guarantee an instaflash.

the reason, the bigger the cell the less its voltage sags while the filament heats up and its resistance changes.

Read the guide by MDOCOD if you havent. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161536

Never touch it by the way..you oily skin will burn it out. i think i might have mauled it:oops:

1 An Aw soft Start. 49$. can i use this in FM's C body's?

fresh off the charger at 4.19 volts x2 on a big cell will 99% guarantee an instaflash. i think this is were i went wrong!

QtrHorse

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will these fit the FM c cell bodies?

They are 3mm shorter per cell. I don't have any to try out in my FM C cell bodies. I'm thinking not but not 100% sure. The springs in the FM C cell lights may not be stiff enough to apply enough pressure.

Kestrel

Kestrel

Staff member
AW 26500s are now available.
Will these fit the FM c cell bodies?
They are 3mm shorter per cell. I don't have any to try out in my FM C cell bodies. I'm thinking not but not 100% sure. The springs in the FM C cell lights may not be stiff enough to apply enough pressure.
I've tried two C alkalines (should be exactly the same length as the IMR26500) in my FM 2xC, and the connection is intermittent with the spring on the Malkoff M30 (therefore requiring a 6mm spacer), but the connection is solid & flawless with the springs on an AW LED tower. Hope this helps,

LIGHTSMAD

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
im not sure if a magnetic spacer can be used because of a short.

what sort can i use and were can i get?

C

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you are talking about a spacer for a "C" cell body then you could try something like this;

In this case, I used 5x coins and electrical tape to do the job......in your case you pick the size and number of coins required.

This has to go between the lamp spring and the first cell for contact.

Last edited:
LIGHTSMAD

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
If you are talking about a spacer for a "C" cell body then you could try something like this;

In this case, I used 5x coins and electrical tape to do the job......in your case you pick the size and number of coins required.

This has to go between the lamp spring and the first cell for contact.

Kestrel

Kestrel

Staff member

Cernobila's spacer is more expedient than this one:

0213091535a.jpg

0211091630a-1.jpg
0211091637a-1.jpg

This duplicates the shape of the top of the C cell, but it must go between cells, as the conductive (+) is too small in diameter for the LA spring. It does perch very nicely on an individual cell during battery changes, as the steel insert is recessed on the underside. Going from 2xC to 3xC, just replace the 6mm pressed-in steel insert with a 9mm one. If you have a machinist friend, this one's cheaper to make.:whistle:

Last edited:
Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5

Newly Enlightened
I tried my 2C body with two alkaline batteries and there were no interuptions, but the 26500 batteries are flat top rather than button top so a spacer may be needed. I'll know in a few days.
I also am using a M60 and bored the host collar a bit to remove any gap between the body and bezel (see Electron Guru's post) so the bottom of the M60 will be a bit lower in the light body also.

Last edited:
bigchelis

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:$49 sent by bigchelis for #21 3C body, extra replacement swith $4, $2 paypal fee, plus $6 shipping.

Total sent=$61

Justin Case

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
#22, 3C body and tailcap switch, $49
Replacement switch, $4
Shipping, $6
PP CC fee, 4%
Total, $61.36
:paypal:

C

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
#24 3C $49
Shipping $6
+fees 2.2
=$57.2

C

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
#01 3C bare polished $49
+shipping, and fees for

_______
Loved mine so much I just had to have another.:paypal:

Kestrel

Kestrel

Staff member
Loved mine so much I just had to have another.
Good job on getting the very last one, I'm really happy with my 2xC and 3xC on 'C' alkalines (link in my sig if you're interested - it sounds like the Cree XP-G LED has an even lower Vf, so very soon these bodies will be even more practical for low-voltage LED / NiMH configs then they currently are). :thumbsup:

Last edited:
C

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
Good job on getting the very last one, I'm really happy with my 2xC and 3xC on 'C' alkalines (link in my sig if you're interested - it sounds like the Cree XP-G LED has an even lower Vf, so very soon these bodies will be even more practical for low-voltage LED / NiMH configs then they currently are). :thumbsup:

Yea, The reason I brought my first 3C body was to run one of nailbenders SST-90 dropin's off of 3 NIMH C batts. I have just been so impressed with the results, and fivemega's workmanship that I had to get the last one to run something in. I think being able to use NIMH or just alkalines is a great ability to have. Theres a lot of good info in that thread, I'm slowly digesting it :)

S

sbelyo

Newly Enlightened
I need a black 2C

Does anyone have one for sale?

N

naked2

Enlightened
That's a completely different host than the one sold in this thread.