• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired $urefire C head, "C" cell Body, Clickie Tail Switch

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
as AW C will nvr be in production again, IMR cells not recommended to run with clickies ....

shall be running off 3 x alkaline batteries and a spring mod to light up a led instead.

sad sad sad ... but luckily, theres always more alternative :D

lovecpf

As I have mentioned in another thread, I am using the M30 with 3x alkaline C cells. Because I have cut down the main spring in my 3x AW C light to allow for the longer cells, I have made up for it with a dummy cell made out of five 10c coins and some electrical tape (between the lamp and first cell).....it works just like if it was run on a single Li-Ion cell, same brightness but I am sure longer run times.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds good. Re: 3xC alk + M30 upgrade

Question, is there a pic of the 3xC body? I thought I saw it somewhere on the forum.

donn_

Flashaholic
as AW C will nvr be in production again, IMR cells not recommended to run with clickies ....

shall be running off 3 x alkaline batteries and a spring mod to light up a led instead.

sad sad sad ... but luckily, theres always more alternative :D

lovecpf

The warning from Lumens Factory, concerns running IMR cells with their new IMR lamps, which are very high current draw, through clicky switches. IMR cells will work just fine in these bodies, with it's switch, for low current applications, like LED drop-ins and such.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
The warning from Lumens Factory, concerns running IMR cells with their new IMR lamps, which are very high current draw, through clicky switches. IMR cells will work just fine in these bodies, with it's switch, for low current applications, like LED drop-ins and such.

The warning from Lumens Factory, concerns running IMR cells with their new IMR lamps, which are high current draw, through $urefire clicky switches.

IMR cells will work just fine in these bodies, with it's switch, for any low current and
high current applications, like LED drop-ins, WA1111, WA1185 and....

These switches have been tested with 2 AW's protected "C" using Philips 5761 for 24 minutes continuous (over 5 Amps.) without problem.

Many people use these 2C bodies with WA1111 which draws 3.6 Amps and 3C bodies with WA1185 which draws 3.4 Amps.

I hope this is clear for everybody.

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question, is there a pic of the 3xC body? I thought I saw it somewhere on the forum.

2D Li-ion Mag & Malkoff Quad
3C & WA1185
LS20

3C.jpg

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2C with WA1111 has been running flawlessly with two AW C cells, no problems whatsoever :thumbsup:

Yes, no problems with the AW C (Li-Ion) cells running things like WA1111, WA1185, P5761 etc. in any of the C based lights with standard switches.......not sure how the IMR C cells will go in the same lights using the same bulbs and same standard switches.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, no problems with the AW C (Li-Ion) cells running things like WA1111, WA1185, P5761 etc. in any of the C based lights with standard switches.......not sure how the IMR C cells will go in the same lights using the same bulbs and same standard switches.

IMR "C" cells have nothing to do with switches. If there is anything you have to worry is your bulb. If your bulb survives with IMR "C", these switches will stand fine with mentioned current draw.
Just forget about relationship of IMR and switch in this product.
Now if question is what bulbs will work reliably with IMR in this flashlight, here is the answer:

WA1166 with 3 IMR "C"
WA1148 with 2 IMR "C"
Stinger with 1 IMR "C"

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMR "C" cells have nothing to do with switches. If there is anything you have to worry is your bulb. If your bulb survives with IMR "C", these switches will stand fine with mentioned current draw.
Now if question is what bulbs will work reliably with IMR in this flashlight, here is the answer:

WA1166 with 3 IMR "C"
WA1148 with 2 IMR "C"
Stinger with 1 IMR "C"

Thank you for this info. I am presuming that my existing bulbs (1111, 1185, 5761) are not the best choices for the IMR C cells or perhaps may even blow if used........just as well I have a small collection of the AW C Li-Ion cells and a bunch of bulbs to suit, this will keep me going for quite a while.

naked2

Enlightened
There's a simple way to answer the question about IMR and switches.

Switches are rated in Amps. The switch doesn't care (or know) where the current (measured in Amps!) comes from; wheather it comes from protected or unprotected LiCo cells, or LiMn (IMR) cells, or NiMH or primary cells for that matter.

The switch does care how much current flows through it though. The current flow is determined by setup (what LA is used, and what chemistry/capacity cells are used to power it).

Since the switches in question aren't labeled with an amperage rating, we can only go by other CPFers tests. And since fivemega has already stated that one of them has been tested at over 5 Amps (continous!), if your setup draws 5A or less, it will be fine! This is not to say that over 5A won't work though; just that it hasn't been tested (yet!). :poof:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: "C" cell Body, Clickie Tail Switch

#46 2c .........$47
US shipping.....6
Total............$53

:paypal:

Iliger

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent for:
#17 3C body $49
Rep.switch-3 12$
Ref.LS $14
Ref.HS $14
G4 socket/refl MOP with WA1111–2 $82
SS bi-pin $19
WA1185-2 $12
8.38mm camless MOP $20
6S holder-$40
MOP 3" refl. with cam $50
Boro lens $5.50(52mm)
JC G4 12V–5 $10
3" Boro lens $0(paid)
Ship. $20
Tot. $347.5
Transaction ID: 2GF53022NB286811J

redsfairlane

Newly Enlightened
#48 2C $47

Replacement switch $4

Internationaly $8 (any quantity)

Also,

G4 bi-pin socket/reflector
$41 for socket/reflector MOP with installed WA1111

PayPal just sent. Thanks for all your great products :)

Tirodani

Newly Enlightened

WA1166 with 3 IMR "C"
WA1148 with 2 IMR "C"
Stinger with 1 IMR "C"

Can anyone think of a way to fix an ROP? Has anyone made a potted bulb adaptor for Surefire-size lights?