US made alkaline D cells for 50 cents each

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at the local 99 cent store (Fullerton, CA on Orangethorpe) and found a 2 pack of "Everactive" alkaline D cells there. They are on a black card - not with the other batteries - but by the checkout aisles.

The date is 2012, each battery says "Distributed by Wal-Mart". Surprisingly, the right hand bottom of the card back also says: "Made in the USA".

One CPFer thought that these were re-labeled Energizers. I don't know, but I got some anyways...

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I once found a card on the bottom of everactive battery case that said.... made for walmart by Rayovac.... They have been discontinued and I have seen them as cheap as 75 cents for a pair of D cells on clearance.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
bought 2 12 packs of c and d everactive for $2 ea
not sure why they are being dumped but my guess is they make more margin on name brands.
ever notice the placement of the name brand alks everywhere you look at wallyworld?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerdgineer said:
snakebite - is this sale going on anywhere now?
this was at the hoke rd. walmart in trotwood oh
they were the last ones.salem av had none but i got a mess of energizer crv3 for $1 ea.
look in the closeout aisl and in any dept that also sells batts.like photo,electronics,ect

nerdgineer said:
I was at the local 99 cent store (Fullerton, CA on Orangethorpe) and found a 2 pack of "Everactive" alkaline D cells there. They are on a black card - not with the other batteries - but by the checkout aisles.

The date is 2012, each battery says "Distributed by Wal-Mart". Surprisingly, the right hand bottom of the card back also says: "Made in the USA".

One CPFer thought that these were re-labeled Energizers. I don't know, but I got some anyways...

Post a clear picture of the bottom side. Fair chance I could give you the answer.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the ones i have are rayovac.post a pic anyways.
i am sure they have multiple suppliers.for instance their supertech oil is made by both warren and exxon.

vortechs

Enlightened
My local WalMart in North Phoenix had the EverActive D cells on clearance (expiration date 2012). I got all dozen of the 2-packs they had left at 2 cents each!

I also got some 389/LR1130 silver oxide watch batteries (let me know if anybody needs some of these).

They have not started clearancing the CRV3's yet, but I'll be interested in getting some since I've heard they can be taken apart to get two 3V AA cells. If anyone has managed to get some of the CRV3's cheap and would be willing to sell me some please let me know, otherwise I guess I'll keep checking back at the local store (which is something of a hassle).

vortechs

Enlightened
By the way, the clearance sales seem to be erratic even among the local WalMart stores. I am going to guess that the timing of the clearance sales as well as the clearance prices are determined by the local store management and may not be the same from store to store. I think the only thing we can probably determine is that WalMart is no longer distributing some of the types of batteries it currently carries and as a result, stores are starting to clearance those items at different times and prices.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local WalMart hasn't had Everactive batteries in over a year I believe. I still have some that haven't been used yet though.