USB rechargable EDC?

lifeissomething

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a budget USB rechargeable but I'm willing to consider a 18650 light (if I need to) in my price range.

I want to spend less than sixty dollars on a, well, bright as possible somewhat throwy EDC light. Say, under 6 inches long, oneish inch diamater tube, and under or around one and one half diameter head.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

__x__This will be mail-order or Online (location doesn't matter).

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

____Up to $65.

3) Format:

_x___I want a flashlight (hand held/self contained).

4) Size:

____SMALL - Every day carry (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

____LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:

____I want to buy a light from a large/traditional manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
____I would like a light from a specialty manufacturer (Possibly limited run/Custom).

7) What power source do you want to use?

____I intend to use Rechargeable cells based on less common formats (18500 or 18650 Li-Ion, RCR123, et-al).
____I want a light with an integrated rechargeable battery pack.

7a) If you have selected a rechargeable option

____I want a light that has a recharging adapter (your typical "wall wart")
____I want a light that snaps into a cradle (usually mounted on a wall)
____I want a separate/stand-alone charger (this involves removing the batteries to charge)

USB preferable, cradle or adapter second, stand-alone battery charger third.

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).

____I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).
____I want to illuminate an entire field, the neighbor's front yard several houses down, impress my friends and neighbors, etc. (300-700 lumens).

__x__SPECIAL NOTE: Burst/Turbo mode Category - There are several lights that will run at a super bright maximum for a very limited period (usually 5-10 minutes) and then will "step-down" to a lower level for thermal control. Check here if this is acceptable.

Acceptable, maybe prefered.

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.

_x___Narrow Flood: I want a sharply defined flood area that will project some distance for tasks like trail walking.
_x___Wide Throw: I want a beam with a noticeable hot-center for distance throw and a significant amount of "side-spill". Good for rough trail hiking, search and rescue, and general distance work.
__

9a) Distance: How far away will you typically need to see with this light (check all that apply)

__x__5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)
____30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)
____50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).

__x__90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase “you get what you pay for” is very accurate for flashlights.

__x__Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).
__x__Critical (Police, Fire, Search & Rescue, Caving, Survival).

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply):

____I want a tail mounted switch (found on the majority of today’s high end lights).

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

____I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)
____I want a programmable light.
____I want a selector ring.

I would prefer a selector ring ala Nitecore SRT series, but, yeah well, budget. Memory would be highly prefered and I would take this over some other niceties.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

_x___Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today’s higher end flashlights).
__x__Stainless steel (durable, but much heavier than aluminum)

15) Water resistance

__x__IPX4 (Splash resistant)
__x__IPX7 (Waterproof to 1 meter/30min)
__x__IPX8 (Submersible to greater than 1 meter for 4 hours)

Some water resistance required, but as with everything else, I'm know I'm looking for a budget EDC light.

16) Storage conditions

EDC bag. Often temp swings and a bit of abuse.

17) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any/all below.

____Pocket/belt clip

Flashy808

Enlightened
Checkout the MH20 seems pretty good & got good reviews (good idea to checkout SelfBuilt's).

You can sometimes get pretty good deals/coupon codes on this from GearBest or BangGood.

akhyar

Enlightened
Nitecore MH20 has a nice length for an EDC, which can be had for less than 50 bucks when they are on sale at GB or BG. It goes for around 70-80 bucks with battery if you get them from Amazon, if you're Stateside.
I'm using Jetbeam C8, which is also USB rechargeabled, longer length than MH20, but cost less than 50 bucks with 2400mAh battery to boot.
I also installed window breaker at the tailcap and use it as my glovebox light, so size-wise, it's on the longer side for an EDC

Lumiture

Newly Enlightened
The Olight S30r seems like it meets your needs. The adjustable output is useful and it has memory.