Using the Nitecore TSL10i on their i4000R Flashlight

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
I thought I'd add to your notes since I'm on a Nitecore kick right now...

Among my new arrivals was the P20i. The P20i's tail cap did not work with the i4000R... I'm afraid of trying it the other way around because of the middle pin (so I won't be the one testing that). I'm wondering how they made the TSL10i work on both.

Since the 21700 in the i4000R was too big for my old charger, I ordered a Nitecore UMS4 (also for my NiMH's). The i4000R's stock battery charges fine in it, however I did note your concern with the terminals on the same side and will be keeping an eye on it.

Quick side note: I had to pay extra for the higher amp rated wall adapter for 3x1/2x2/0.5x4 ability.
2nd side note: After recharging the i4000R via the tailcap (until solid blue), I put the battery in the UMS4 and it read around 4.0 volts (IIRC).

Last edited:
2nd side note: After recharging the i4000R via the tailcap (until solid blue), I put the battery in the UMS4 and it read around 4.0 volts (IIRC).

A lot of Li-ion cell users stop at 4.0 volts these days, I believe Tesla stops there. Charging up that last 0.2V takes forever, and the amount of energy it adds to the cell is minimal -- it will drop right down under 4 after any real use. And the cell really doesn't like 4.2V, it's the highest voltage that didn't blow them up outright. :grin2: