• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V3 Triple XPG 1100 lumen Fully Regulated Drop-ins now available

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
do you have a choice of color? Also do you sell the entire M2/C2 host (head/body/tail) with in a uniform color?

..and are you going to make the M2-50 with levels?

We are just getting started with the M2-50. The initial version is type II only with a choice of body/tails we already have.

If there is sufficient interest, we may consider:

6P/M2 configurations in all black HA and/or orange cerakote
C2/M2 configurations in all black HA and/or white cerakote
M2 configurations built out with the original body/head/tail
Z2/M2 configurations in all black HA

And an installation service, conducted like the bore batches​

Most SST/50 configurations provide half the power of this configuration. It is unlikely we can find a driver (necessary for levels) that can push the 5+ amps this setup needs for full power.

Last edited:

Noctis

Enlightened
I know it says not to use 26*** cells on the M2-50, but has the 26650 cell been considered?
It's been said that the IMR 26650 cell has a much lower discharge rate than an IMR 18650, and I assume the AW IMR 26500 as well.

After doing a short test with my multimeter from RatShack, if anything the current draw from the IMR 26650 cell seems LESS than the draw from my AW 18650 2600mAh cell.

Does anyone have anything conclusive about the discharge rate of an IMR 26650 cell compared to the AW 18650 2600mAh cell?

This might sound petty, but the reason I'm so obsessed with wanting to be able to run the M2-50 with an 26650 is because the M2 head seems the most "balanced" with the FM 26650 host and makes any other 18650 host seem too "fat" around the head:shrug:.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it says not to use 26*** cells on the M2-50, but has the 26650 cell been considered?
It's been said that the IMR 26650 cell has a much lower discharge rate than an IMR 18650, and I assume the AW IMR 26500 as well.

After doing a short test with my multimeter from RatShack, if anything the current draw from the IMR 26650 cell seems LESS than the draw from my AW 18650 2600mAh cell.

Does anyone have anything conclusive about the discharge rate of an IMR 26650 cell compared to the AW 18650 2600mAh cell?

This might sound petty, but the reason I'm so obsessed with wanting to be able to run the M2-50 with an 26650 is because the M2 head seems the most "balanced" with the FM 26650 host and makes any other 18650 host seem too "fat" around the head:shrug:.

I was kind of thinking the same thing but with something like an 18xxx host. Bored C3 to run two 18500? I figured the extra length would help balance out the extra weight of the larger M2 head, but I see that the m2-50 was designed to run off of a single cell. It's almost like, from a weight balance perspective, the triple xpg should run off of a single cell host and the m2-50 should run off of a double cell host.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you guys want to discuss this Direct Drive M2-50 head, let's get a new thread going please.

This regulated triple needs all the space it can get right now.

Thank You

Apologies if I missed it, but what's the run time of the M2-50 on an 18650/2600?

These will run for roughly 30 minutes on a fresh cell.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR RECENT ORDERS:party::party::party:

Last edited:

mfrey

Enlightened
If there is sufficient interest, we may consider:

6P/M2 configurations in all black HA and/or orange cerakote
C2/M2 configurations in all black HA and/or white cerakote
M2 configurations built out with the original body/head/tail
Z2/M2 configurations in all black HA

And an installation service, conducted like the bore batches​

Please, please, please implement an installation service! I have my M2 head packed up and ready to ship :)

Failing that, I'd love to see complete hosts in HA black.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I just built up my PayPal account by selling off some of my prized stuff on CPF/MP and now trying to patiently wait for a 1400 (still under development) 3-mode 'neutral' for my SF C3. :huh:

I can wait for this optimum configuration - winter is a long ways off... :)

My calcs show ~380 emitter lumens at the 20% (current) 'medium' setting for a '1400' ?
The runtime on this setting w/ 2x18500 would be phenomenal.

Last edited:

Duglum

Newly Enlightened
Short question: Can i run one of these in a Solarforce L2P Host? I planned on doing so (2x 18650 with Extender) but i just read about contact problems, since the head is slightly deeper compared to Surefire Models. The statement was based on the older version of the drop-in though.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just built up my PayPal account by selling off some of my prized stuff on CPF/MP and now trying to patiently wait for a 1400 (still under development) 3-mode 'neutral' for my SF C3. :huh:

I can wait for this optimum configuration - winter is a long ways off... :)

My calcs show ~380 emitter lumens at the 20% (current) 'medium' setting for a '1400' ?
The runtime on this setting w/ 2x18500 would be phenomenal.

sounds like a sweet setup. Hope to help you with that soon. :twothumbs

Short question: Can i run one of these in a Solarforce L2P Host? I planned on doing so (2x 18650 with Extender) but i just read about contact problems, since the head is slightly deeper compared to Surefire Models. The statement was based on the older version of the drop-in though.

I do not have any of those hosts to test.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I do not have any of those hosts to test.
I haven't seen the L2P, but I have done some measurements of the SolarForce L2m - not only is measurement 'H1a' slightly deeper than the SureFire 6P, but in addition, D1 = D2 so you will poor thermal contact near the base of the drop-in:

SF6Pbody_headend-1.jpg

The SolarForce head/bezel makes things worse: H1 is ~0.020" greater and D2 is ~0.005" greater than the SureFire:

SFhead_bezel.jpg

This all adds up to poorer thermal transfer to the host. I fail to see an advantage to using a less-expensive host that provides fitment and thermal transfer issues.

Last edited:

ejot

Enlightened
Neutral V3 arrived yesterday morning, and it is stunning! I thought my XP-E triple was something, and this blows it away in tint, beam profile, and the just insane amount of light. Build quality and fit and finish are off the charts.

Thank you to everyone involved in this project. You have created something truly special. :twothumbs

weklund

Enlightened
I would like to see some beam shots. Floor, ceiling, wall, aircraft flying over or the cat. I have one of the V3's on it's way and would love to see some real world beam shots. Please .... :devil:

Last edited:

ejot

Enlightened
I wanted to get some beamshots last night but am moving into a new place and have hardly any of my equipment (tripods, etc.) handy. I'll see what I can come up with in a few hours, but it might not be pretty. :laughing:

switchoff

Newly Enlightened
Neutral V3 arrived yesterday morning, and it is stunning! I thought my XP-E triple was something, and this blows it away in tint, beam profile, and the just insane amount of light. Build quality and fit and finish are off the charts.

Thank you to everyone involved in this project. You have created something truly special. :twothumbs

I have an xpe as well. do you have it hooked up to a 6p or 9p body...and battery size??

ejot

Enlightened
Hey guys I was able to get a couple passable shots.

Here's the Triples in some Orange hosts. :devil:

IMG_2143s.jpg

I don't have any other good D26 hosts that take 18mm cells, just Solarforce stuff. So the following shots will be using these hosts. Both are running 18650, so realize the V3 is not even pushing its full potential! :huh: I have IMRs for it but they're not currently matched in charge and I don't have time to charge them right now.

Weklund.... since you said "please" :D, I rigged this beam shot jig real quick before leaving work. This thing is actually handier than a tripod!

IMG_2150.jpg

OK, let's see the good stuff. Here's the cool/XP-E V1 in the MD2 vs. the neutral/XP-G V3 in the 6P:

IMG_2147s.jpg

And since the MD2 does cut out a little of the beam, I swapped them. V1 in the 6P and V3 in the MD2:

IMG_2158s.jpg

A'ite, let's go outside. Here you can't see too much of a difference between the hosts, so I'll just put up the one set, the V1 is in the MD2. I think you can figure out which is which. And remember, this is only ~75% of full output on the V3. :devil:

IMG_2154s.jpg

IMG_2153s.jpg

THESE DROP INS ROCK!! :cool:
My new neighbors may already hate me. :whistle: That's why I did these with still a little daylight left.

-evan

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read this entire thread post by post and still cant figure out what is the drive current of each XP-G R5.:thinking:

Are the XP-G R5's being driven at 1A each?

The direct drive unit at 1260 OTF lumens and 4A at the tail was probably pushing each emitter at well over 1A each. I'm just trying to guage here the differences here.

I still need one to test, but they sell faster then 9mm bullets at WallMart:crackup:

weklund

Enlightened
Very impressive. Nice flood coming out of the SF host. Looks very bright and similar to my Gen 2 Malkoff MD3. Can't wait to receive my V3. Really appreciate the shots. Great rig you put together there.

ejot

Enlightened
MD3 "v2.0" :faint::faint: ... want one so bad :laughing:

Finally got to charge two IMRs and throw them in, WOW sweet 93% efficient full regulation "that is bright" :poke:

BigC PM me your address if you'd like, I'd be happy to let you test it.

Last edited:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Evan for the beam shot comparisons.

I read this entire thread post by post and still cant figure out what is the drive current of each XP-G R5.:thinking:

Are the XP-G R5's being driven at 1A each?

These units have the LEDs driven at 1.1A each.

BigC PM me your address if you'd like, I'd be happy to let you test it.

Awesome, thanks man.